Bellarmine game

What a gritty win!!!

3 Likes

Great momentum boost heading into Wright State.

3 Likes

Team couldā€™ve folded after that horrible over the back call. Instead they stuck with it and chipped away. Great win.

When Lairy has his best stuff, we are a dangerous team.

Physical game and we fought hard.

1 Like

For where this team is in their development, this is a quality win.

4 Likes

Bellarmine is an extremely well coached team. No question this is a quality win. And we won on the road.

1 Like

Women tied at 32 right before halftime on ESPN - Bake back from Nassau and on the mic.

1 Like

30 free throws. May have lost the #1 ranking, but Iā€™ll take that any game.

I believe this is Steeleā€™s first road win.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think last years team would win this game. So thereā€™s improvement

Steele is gonna have this thing correct before the end of MAC regular season. We stay healthy, we are going to be a factor.

2 Likes

This is exactly the type of win we needed. It was against a mentally tough team on the road and went down to the last minute. Our older players made a lot of big winning plays down the stretch, but Mabry hit the big one. YES!

9 Likes

Last years team lost to Bellarmine by 11 in Oxford. So no.

1 Like

Well, I think the consensus is that this Bellarmine team wasnā€™t as good. But, I still think last years team would lose. We won today with defense. And composure down the stretch. Itā€™s fun to watch hoops again. Even though thereā€™s a long way to go.

1 Like

We were fortunate their freshman sharp shooter Ben Johnson (KY Mr. Basketball) started the game 3 for 4 from deep, but missed his last 5 threes to end the game. A lot of them were good shots that were very close to going in.

And our freshman sharpshooter missed his first 4 but made a big one at the end!

2 Likes

Nice to see things go our way!

4 Likes

Letā€™s hope this type of intensity carries over to Wright State next, and then into MAC play.

2 Likes

Their coach quite upset, says IT WAS A DEBACLE!. Notes Mekhi had more free throws than their whole team. Wasnā€™t blaming anyone, just upset with the loss.

I noticed that although we had 30 free throws (we made 23 which isnā€™t too bad) to their 14, they hit every one of theirs.

I mean, if you donā€™t want Mekhi shooting a ton of free throws, donā€™t hedge him with your hip.

I feel like college basketball has walked back their focus on freedom of movement. Theyā€™re letting players get away with a lot more physical defense.

1 Like