Baseball 2023 Thread Updated

10-3 Miami win in the opener today. Pitching staff now with 6 straight under 10 run games.

2 Likes

Miami leading 11-1 in game two.

1 Like

16-3 win in the nightcap. Seventh straight game pitching staff has held the opponent yo under 10.

2 Likes

Nescafe dad, (autocorrected to this and honestly, why change it as who am I to judge your coffee preference) you know more about baseball than probably anyone on this forum. Could this team still be a MAC championship winning squad? I sorta wondered if we’d be in for a lost season but maybe I was remiss. Thoughts?

NESCAC has nothing to do with coffee. Think Bowdoin, Middlebury, Amherst, Tufts, etc. NIU might be the worst team in the MAC this season. Not sure a sweep of the Huskies puts us in position to win it all.

1 Like

Like I said, I don’t know why my phone autocorrects the way it does. It’s why darn near all my posts have edits. Here’s to seeing some improvement I guess against better teams!

2 Likes

Lost today 4-2 but the pitching staff logged its 7th straight outing under 10 runs.

1 Like

Reminder that Chatterbox Sports are streaming Miami home baseball games on YouTube. Hosting Oakland right now. Just saw a Miami 2-run dinger. Trailing 8-6 in the 5th.

Under 10 run streak ends today at 7 - lost at home to Oakland 12-9.

A loss yesterday and another today 12-3 in the first game of a doubleheader - at BG. Miami is 4-20 on the season. Poor David Sayler has far more holes in the Miami dike than he has thumbs to plug them. Sad commentary.

1 Like

Is it possible there is a worse Miami team than hockey or the hoops squads?

2 Likes

I think you’re on to something. Sad.

Said sports at Miami have become a Neatherlands

Will we lose 35/40 games this year?

Won the final game at BG - 5-20 on the season. Precisely on the .200 Mendoza line.

Won at Oakland University on Wednesday 9-3.

3 game home stand against WMU Friday 3/31/23 @ 1:00 PM, Saturday 4/1/23 @ 3:00 PM, & Sunday 4/2/23 @ 1:00 PM.

I see a Live Stats link but no YouTube Video Link (yet).

How many more years baseball coach have left on contract

1 Like

Weather warnings in Oxford today and tomorrow. Game time on Saturday could be 25 mph winds with 40 mph gusts.

3 Likes