Baseball 2023 Thread Updated

We need this kind of pitcher - the guy on the left - on our staff again. (Charlie Liebrandt, Randy Stearnes and me pre-game in the Kingdome back in the late 80s.

4 Likes

Great picture Dan!

Randy (talked to him this morning) just mentioned he misses the Miami alum parties at your house!

1 Like

Check out the Miami dip cup. That’s what cracked my kid up. Lol. Steve Fireovid was on our roster later that season. He wrote the book “The 26th Man.”

“We need this kind of pitcher”

Like Scott Bankhead!!!

1 Like

Funny. Bank was a Tar Heel. We were both at Miami’s football game at Chapel Hill in 1990. I’ve got his Mariners game jacket with #15 sown into it. I claimed it after he got released.

1 Like

Everything about this pic is awesome. Well done.

3 Likes

This was in the Wright State writeup on the game- this is brutal:

The deficit did not last for long, as the Raiders responded with 11 runs in the bottom of the fourth inning to gain a 13-4 advantage. The fourth frame saw Wright State send 17 batters to the plate, tallying the 11 runs on four hits and ten walks. The scoring spurt included seven bases-loaded walks and three runs driven on two doubles by Harrison.

They immediately follow it up by allowing 3 runs in the first inning against Dayton today despite not allowing a single hit (4 walks, 2 HBP).

1 Like

Almost the same number of days that Ferris was absent from school…after he changed his absences on Mr. Rooney’s computer.

1 Like

Actually tied at 5 in the bottom of the 8th. Four shut out innings.Amazing!

Lost it 7-5. Kept the run count under 10.

1 Like

I checked, the Flyers played the Hurricanes today. Still listed as Coral Gables Tech

1 Like

League play begins today at 3:00 PM. Play Saturday 2:00 PM and Sunday 1:00 PM.

All three games can be streamed here:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Weather looking bad for Sunday. Maybe a DH on Saturday.

2-12 to start the season…and we thought last season was the bottoming out.

2 Likes

Swept in three at home by Toledo. 2-14 on the season! Not looking good this week: @NKU on Tuesday (5-1 against MAC teams) and @Louisville (14-1) on Wednesday.

Very sad what our once strong mid-major program has become!

2 Likes

Miami at #8 Louisville live on ESPN+ and ACCN+ at 11:30 Wednesday. Elementary school day in the Ville. 42 degrees at first pitch!

Best effort of the year for our DiamondHawks against elite competition. 6-4 loss at nationally ranked #8 Louisville from the stacked ACC. Down 6-1, Miami had a chance to tie or go ahead in both the 8th and 9th - had the tying run at second in the 9th. Let’s hope this is a turning point of sorts for this team.

Double header today vs NIU. Miami pitching staff has now gone five straight games without giving up double-digit runs since the 23 run debacle at Wright State. That would seem to be progress.