Baseball 2023 Thread Updated

The pitching debacle continues. 9-3 UC after two. Lots of walks and two HPB. Into our second hurler This will likely be our 7th game of 8 where we’ve given up double digit runs. If there was ONE SINGLE THING we needed to fix coming off the 16 double digit games last season, it was pitching. Appears to be total failure.

1 Like

11-9 bottom of 4. All we can do is try to outscored them.

If this team could pitch a little better we might win some of these games. Hitting seems correct so far.

12-10 in the top of the 7th with the game going into a lightning delay.

These storms in southwestern Ohio have bubbles up out of nowhere

2 Likes

Yep. They were talking about what a beautiful evening it was and all of a sudden flashes in left field. I guess Oxford dodged a bullet earlier this week. 1 3/4 inch hail (half dollar size) during that mini-tornado outbreak in the Middletown area.

After the storm delay Miami came back to pick up the first win of the year over the Bearcats 15-12. Giving up 12 and winning isn’t something we can count on very often.

4 Likes

Swept at home Saturday by an 0-7 Siena club. Ugh!

1 Like

23-7 loss at Wright state today including giving up 11 runs in the 4th. Fall to 2-10. Ouch.

1 Like

Is Orville and Wilbur University very good at baseball? We played GATech closer…

They’ve been known to be pretty good at “ O and W”.

Did you see that Sean Casey( former Reds) has a son playing for Kent?

1 Like

Per the article “The University of Miami” is playing at Dayton today!

1 Like

No respect from as close by as Dayton…YIKES. Miami has fallen off the edge of the planet.

Nice to see we’ve renewed our rivalry with St Mary’s Institute!

1 Like

How in the world did we give up 23 runs on just 12 hits yesterday?

1 Like

We walked 19. Including one guy 5 times.

1 Like

Sorry for slacking…had a family funeral 2 weeks ago and did not post for bit.

Anyone know if Noah Hollis is redshirting this season?

Holy Crap. If I played for St Mary’s Institute, I be salivating for my ABs today!

1 Like

I really thought you were kidding, then I looked it up.

1 Like

Ball 4. Ball 8. Ball 12. Ball 16.

1 Like