Bahamas Bowl roll call

I have to disagree here mz343. While the line play was disappointing if you threw Ben Roethlisberger back there and Shane Montgomery calling plays we would have scored mid 30s per game.

QB play is by far the most important position in college football

2 Likes

This board is not a representative of the Miami fan base or alumni base at large; a huge percentage of this board actively follows Miami off-field developments (recruiting, competitive program activity, press conferences, etc) in a way that in reality very few do. Most are just aware of the broad program trends which show we’re holding steady since 2016ish and it’s a big step up from the previous run of futility from 2006-15, so expectations are generally low. Doesn’t mean that changes shouldn’t be made, but there’s a good reason why we’re here.

1 Like

True

1 Like

I wonder how many people are registered on HawkTalk. Jive? I would think a couple hundred?

Bleacher Report has us playing 9-2 UTSA. Gulp!

Yikes!

1 Like

Maybe they just want the exotic bowl trip.

2 Likes

Normally I like to play the best but our record against teams with winning records is…well, not too good.

1 Like

From what I have read on here, playing a 9-2 team should be a piece of cake for this offense. Honestly, we better hope for a team with a similar record to ours. And please don’t forget, the teams we beat combined only won something like 14 games this year. If we are going to a bowl, I would like to win it.

2 Likes

236 people have the “Basic” badge which I believe is awarded when signing up, so that many?

4 Likes

Saw one projection w us playing a 6-6 UAB with us being a 10 Point underdog! Geez…

UTSA is 7-0 (favored to go 8-0) in conference play and playing in the conference title game 14 days before the Bahamas Bowl. I’m not sure how likely it is that the CUSA champ (or even runner-up) will be playing in Nassau.

2 Likes

Agree…I think that prediction of USTA in the Bahamas Bowl is unrealistic.

2 Likes

I like our chances vs. a squad like UAB.

2 Likes

I think we’ll agree to disagree. I think you have to win the line of scrimmage to consistently win games. I’ll take an above average QB with an excellent offensive line over an excellent QB with an above average offensive line. It’s just one example, but last year’s OSU/Michigan game. Cade McNamara isn’t anything special, but behind a great offensive line, they could achieve offensive balance. When it mattered most, while CJ Stroud is a top 5 NFL draft pick, that offensive line wasn’t physical enough and didn’t allow for the big plays to be made because Stroud was under pressure more often than not. And that 2003 offensive line had 4 guys play in the NFL, 1 in the CFL, and the other is now an NFL coach. Once you have great offensive line play, then the QB can take you to another level.

3 Likes

There were never more than about 1000 active users on old HawkTalk, and that’s for a VERY generous definition of “active.”

2 Likes

Back to the original topic…

Possible post-game celebratory spots (all within a 3 block area between Bay Street and Woodes Rogers Walk) …

The Bearded Clam Sports Bar & Restaurant @ Bay Street between Charlotte and Parliament Streets
Pirate Republic Brewing Company @ Woodes Rogers Walk between Charlotte and Fredrick Streets
Shenanigans Irish Bar @ Bay Street between Navy Lion Rd and Market Street
Tropicana Bar @ Woodes Rogers Walk between Navy Lion Rd and Market Street
Sharkeez Bar and Grill @ Woodes Rogers Walk between Charlotte and Fredrick Streets

and just in case anyone gets in trouble…

1 Like

Last time I was down there - about six years ago - it was inadvisable to venture past Rawson Square from the heart of the business district. even in the daytime. I don’t know what the crime situation is now in town but it would be a good idea to roam around in groups. Downtown after dark wasn’t advisable at all. Never heard of any issues on Paradise Island.

At this point, we still don’t know where the official Miami fan hotel (or team hotel) will be - downtown or Paradise Island.

1 Like

I think it’s probably going to be Atlantis. I believe that’s the norm.