Bahamas Bowl roll call

And don’t forget we have now won two trophies in two weeks and have the opportunity to win three trophy games in a row in the Bahamas.

3 Likes

I’m torn on AV, the passing stats look less than desirable…but his overall offense is really good.

He also looked good on certain throws against Ball State.

Otherwise, Humphreys is going to surprise…if I had to guess, but none of this matters if Koehler is the OC.

1 Like

True. But we’re still 6-6 - barely - and 4-4 in the worst division of the worst FBS conference. We’re ahead of only Kent State and Akron. Unless we win that third trophy we finish with a losing record. Our head coach has a losing overall record after 9 seasons. I am as happy as anyone for our success. But perspective is everything. We must be better than this.

6 Likes

I throw out Martin’s first 2 seasons. Think over .500 since but not much. Agree CM should have had a couple special seasons by now.

3 Likes

This year COULD have been a special season. Until Martin f’ed up and we lost Brett to coaching malpractice.

How could there possibly not be? Only Colorado’s QB has a worse completion percentage.

2 Likes

Kalen DeBoer has 9 wins already at Washington in his first year - including a road win at Oregon.

1 Like

If we’re ranking the things resulting in a season that is below our expectations I would rank them as follows;

1. Offensive game plans and play calling
  2. Subpar performance of the OL
  3. Losing Gabbert
2 Likes

Now, I’d like to return to the original purpose of this thread…

Thursday, Dec 15th - TUL → IAH → NAS arriving to fanfare at 1:35 PM (local time).

Sunday, Dec 18th - NAS → IAH → TUL departing to more fanfare at 2:35 PM (local time).

5 Likes

As long as the fan base is satisfied with between 5-7 and 7-5 every year, and going to some mediocre nondescript bowl game, there will never be a change. And I think that is what satisfies Miami’s meager fan base. Yes, nice we are still playing. But we are in the worst FBS conference in the country. Yes leaving out the first 2 years, we have a winning MAC record. 1 MAC championship in 2019. Our record overall leaving out the first two years is 40-39. And this will be our 4th bowl game under CM. We are 1-2 so far in bowl games. So not bad, not good. Essentially the record shows what he is, a .500 coach. And maybe that is ok with most fans. And to return to the thread, I hope we win the Bahamas Bowl, bring home another trophy and improve to 2-2 in bowl games under CM. Excited to see who our opponent will be.

4 Likes

I’d say based on the posts here year in and year out that it is pretty clear the fan base is definitely NOT satisfied with records of 5-7 to 7-5 every year and going to some mediocre bowl.

4 Likes

Except for a few. Most of the fan base seems to be boycotting Miami athletics these days.

The term “boycotting” assumes that the “fan base [sic]” cared in the first place. They didn’t.

2 Likes

Boycotting or died off? As for students, they clearly aren’t interested.

4 Likes

I agree. The only way to get the fans excited is to win. I think Covid got some folks used to watching on TV and not attending in person. Coupled with mediocre results, you have what we have. We need to win a bowl game and somehow get to 8 or more wins plus MAC championship. Then we need that annually.

2 Likes

We’ve scored over 30 once; it was against an FCS school that didn’t get a single win this year. 7 of their 10 other opponents scored more than we did. (Only two teams allowed more points against them than we did as well)

We’ve been held under 20 points in 50% of his starts. Only Western has scored fewer touchdowns than us in conference play and they haven’t played their last game.

I also don’t see any way there isn’t a QB battle throughout camp.

8 Likes

You’re confusing competition in spring and fall camps for controversy. There’s nothing controversial about competing for a starting position during camp. [back to basting my birds]

3 Likes

I want it noted in my year end posting review that my bird is going to be like the infant in the song “silent night”: tender and mild!!

1 Like

I’ve been a Miami fan for over 30 years and I can tell you that “winning” is not necessarily a cure all. I’ve seen winning Miami teams over the years draw flies. What draws people to attend games or have an interest is having a dynamic superstar (e.g., Ron Harper, Wally Szczerbiak, Ben Roethlisberger), and once that dynamic superstar moves on attendance and interest wanes. That’s simply the nature of Miami alumni and students. [back to basting]

3 Likes

Cheap beer. That’s the cure all.

2 Likes