Bahamas Bowl Pre-Game News and Other Tidbits

I wish I could be there for the game, but work gets in the way. Have fun to all of those who are there! I will be down there with family in about 10 days. Go MU!

1 Like

Pls give us the name line up from the pic!

1 Like

Hey in addition to the great bar pic( who are those guys?) does anyone have access to team travel roster to the Bahamas ?

I think the game notes are as close as you’re going to get.

I am the shortest dude w the hat on(skin66). On my right, your left, third from right, second from left with his arm on my shoulder is Dave for whom word association is now dedicated. I will let the other two gentlemen identify themselves if they wish but will say the dude on the left was a hell of a tour guide and was part of our memorable trip to Alaska for the UAF hockey series. Who said we don’t travel well. Also have a pic from same bar w our prez and one of our trustees (who dated one of my roommates for a short time). Great time.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Very cool! I’d not met Dave prior to his passing, but he seems like he must have been a fun dude to hang around!

Speaking of Dave67… Dave67 (partially obscured by Mrs. Dave67) at the 2004 Independence Bowl.

Blindtiger04

1 Like

There he (Dave67) is again in Boulder, CO in 2007!

1 Like

I met Dave67 at the hotel bar in St Petersburg. Great times! RIP

1 Like

I was in the original photo in the black jacket

:+1:t2:

FYI - Dave’s wife Lois still comes to hockey on Friday nights, we usualy meet up with her at Cru Wine bar & Gastro pub., for dinner & wine.

2 Likes

Is Miami the first team to play back-to-back bowl games in a soccer stadium?

Reports now that UAB running back Dewayne McBride will not play tomorrow.

5 Likes

Is Brett Gabbard eligible to play? Thanks

He is, but won’t be. Since he’s played in 4 games, it will be a redshirt year for him.

Now let’s win the game and UAB can say that they’re always the McBridesmaid, never the McBride.

5 Likes

Judging by CM’s comments and the clips I’ve seen on social media, I think it’s safe to say that the Bahamas Bowl experience thus far has been a huge success.