Bahamas Bowl Pre-Game News and Other Tidbits

Nice article I came across today from a Bahamas paper that features short interviews with Chuck and Dilfer.

1 Like

Caleb, Brett, Jalen, Austin Robinson, Matt Bjornson, Rhett Williams, Ryan McWood and Cam Rogers.

No Michael Reghi? Outrageous!

So, as I interpret whatā€™s quoted in this article, Chuckā€™s message is that Miami fans think going 6-6 with a fourth place finish after being picked to win the MAC East and going to the Bahamas Bowl by squeaking by Ball State at Yager in the last two minutes of an elimination game isnā€™t good enough.

Well, I guess he understands that part - apparently doesnā€™t like it - but at he least understands thatā€™s the sentiment.

I wonder why some media outlets starting to say heā€™s in his 8th yearā€¦heā€™s just completing season nine. Are we no longer counting 2020? We went 2-1 that partial year.

1 Like

That ā€œarticleā€ in the Bahamas paper were just exact quotes from his last bowl press conference. Martin has said more than a few times that 6-6 was a disappointment for this year.

2 Likes

Yeah. The quotes were lifted from that presser. But there is something in the nuance of his comments that I see as a bit defensive about fan expectations. Do you think he was reflecting only the disappointment within the program or was he implying the fan baseā€™s disappointment was possibly a bit misplaced?

I didnā€™t sense a defensive vibe when you actually watch/hear the presser. I took it as Chuck just reflecting on his time here at Miami. From being the worst team in America, to now where simply making it to a bowl game isnā€™t good enough. I think he knows the expectations are higher now, as they should be. Be he still keeps it in perspective and it allows him to enjoy the bowl games. Even on a year where they didnā€™t accomplish their main goal.

3 Likes

Well. Thatā€™s where most of us are. Exhaling after the 11th hour TD catch and subsequent interception against Ball State, enjoying the fact that the kids did get a nice bowl game and expecting a higher level of achievement immediately, not somewhere down the road.

Things would have been very grim if we hadnā€™t pulled out that win against Ball State. And an awful showing on national TV in the bowl might just take us right back there.

Letā€™s hope weā€™re competitive against this 6-6 CUSA team going through a coaching transition. Iā€™ve got a feeling the Blazers are going to really bring it as a farewell present to the guy they wanted as their permanent head coach.

The big turnaround for us needs to start right now, not next season against UMass or Delaware State.

3 Likes

We want Boiman!

4 Likes

Boiman should be paired with Reghi so nothing makes sense.

Maybe Max Hoopelhaymer, the transfer from Penn, would catch a TD pass for Chuck Martinā€™s Ohio team.

2 Likes

Miamiā€™s Bahamas Bowl Central say an email would be sent to students. Does anyone know if this was done and, if so, what it said?

I could hear his voice while I read this

1 Like

Jive - do you have the travel roster for the Bowl game?

Pretty sure the travel roster for the bowl game consists of Jive, Yanks Alex, Hoosierhawk, Spanks, D-day, miss miami, and myself.

5 Likes

Sorry -asking about the team

2020 shouldnā€™t ever count at all, including Bamaā€™s CFP win.

Iā€™m guessing no paychecks were prorated so it probably counts for everybodyā€¦

I heard Bake say the team is en route to Nassau this morning. And so this weekā€™s adventure begins!

1 Like

I hope you all have as much fun in this bowl game as we did in Mobile

11 Likes

That was such a fun bowl game! I know people complain about the amount of bowl games now, but Iā€™ve had a couple fantastic experiences attending bowl games.

1 Like