Bahamas Bowl Pre-Game News and Other Tidbits

We are now already without Gabbert, Saunders, Schaffer, Dorsey, Pierce. It will be interesting to see who else we don’t have come bowl time.

1 Like

I fear there will be more. Strangely the UAB portal appears rather inactive. Only a two star TE who hadn’t played so far.

Well, on the upside, maybe we see some of these young guys that have been watching for a year or two?

1 Like

This is on the bowl site right now. I think Miami might be creating one, too.

There are other items available on the bowl site, as well.

https://shopbahamasbowl.com/bowl_ba_en_US/short-sleeve-polyester-tee.in

1 Like

The Bahamas two-deep is out. 9 of our 22 on Defense are Redshirt freshmen or freshman. 7 of 22 on Offense are the same.

Hope UAB is in the same situation.

1 Like

Game Notes are up. Steve Levy and Joey Galloway are the ESPN TV Commentators.

This is why getting to a bowl game is important! Young guys are going to get to play.

2 Likes

Agree. More practices + a nice destination for the whole team end the season. A win would be nice but Miami is a big underdog.

1 Like

Actually with the exception of Brekke moving up to start in Caleb’s place, and Kimpson moving up to take Saunders place, with TJ Rush back on the two deep where he had been off and on all year, there isn’t anything else different in our depth chart from NIU game. Now will younger guys get some reps on special teams the departing guys may have had? Yes. But beyond that I don’t see much difference in our player participation report when the game is over.

3 Likes

I see us moving to more of a 60/40 situation in favor of more seasoned transfers than high school seniors. We will probably become more select in our picks from high schools.

1 Like

It makes total sense. In general, the total number of developmental players who are red shirted may drop since some coaches at some school schools may not want to “invest” time and money in players who will be taken away by or leave to go to other programs. It looks like it will be a revolving door everywhere.

1 Like

I will say this on the game notes.

It did not take much time to remove the guys from the roster that went into the portal.

#5 jersey now available on offense and defense.

2 Likes

I don’t think Sagarin predictor rating works that way

I noticed that right away.

1 Like

Miami has been posting tidbits about our 70s bowl games leading up to next Friday. Most of the smattering of posted comments are positive. But here’s a comment by a guy apparently old enough to have experienced a winning culture who obviously used to be a passionate fan. (Identity undisclosed here but you can view the Miami post)

These are the folks the current 15 year or so run of mediocrity have driven away. Winning again might bring them back. But the winning culture needs to return soon.

“All these posts show how a once great program has collapsed. Miami needs to drop division 1 sports. Football stinks , basketball stinks, hockey stinks. Get out, save money.”

Eight football players graduated yesterday at Miami…at least one with a Masters Degree.

Anyone know the RedHawks travel plans or anything about team activities in Nassau? I’m assuming they will be practicing down there about three times plus a walkthrough on Thursday.

1 Like

Who graduated?