A look at our current women’s basketball roster

How about a pre game drawing from the student section to be the 5th starter?

2 Likes

Oh well … Peyton Scott is transferring to Oregon :disappointed_relieved: UO Lands Miami Standout Scott - University of Oregon Athletics

1 Like

If there was ever needed proof of how poor Hendrix was just look at where the players are going-Oregon, 2 to Clemson, Wichita State, Butler, Dayton. This roster had talent. Hendrix just didn’t know how to coach.

8 Likes

So spot on…

2 Likes

Considering the state of affairs at Miami, the fact that she’s already played four years and has graduated and the opportunity to join a highly ranked class at a a PAC-12 university with an incredibly wealthy athletic department, I don’t blame her for transferring at all. Best of luck to Peyton. Make us proud!

1 Like

As many of us kept saying all year, we had a very talented starting lineup, but there were just so many little things on offense, defense, and game strategy that were never taught, and our bench was not very good. 2 to the ACC, 1 to the PAC12, two to the A-10. Even with that talent, we could not qualify for the conference tournament, yet we were not going to fire the coach until she demonstrated in an entirely different way that she did not belong in this job.

Well forget all that. Coach Box has an incredible resume and he already has a very impressive coaching staff. It took several months for our last coach to put together her complete staff. Coach Box has hit the ground running. It will be fun to see what our roster looks like in another month or two. I do not believe any of the 4 returning girls will be starters next year, but I do think they will fit in well with the team. I liked their attitudes all year last season. Besides Coach Box, our new staff has 2 very experienced and successful coaches and 2 young coaches who are going to be worked really hard and who are going to have a great staff to learn from. As Skin 66 has been saying for years, “we are not going to get better until they replace this coach.” Well, we have turned that corner and I was very happy with the staff he just signed.

3 Likes

I kind of feel sorry for Peyton Scott’s Mom and Dad, who faithfully made every home game, usually arriving just at opening tipoff. None the less, all parents have to let go sooner or later and Peyton listed some great reasons for choosing Oregon. She is certainly a young women and Miami grad that every Miamian should be proud of.

5 Likes

Peyton had additional offers from NC State and Texas.

All the best to her to finish her college career with a top women’s program with a lot of wins.

3 Likes

Two other Ohioans on Oregon roster. Both 5-star recruits last year.

Wishing her all the best except when the Ducks play the Huskies. Then it’s Bow Down!

1 Like

Best of luck to Peyton. Did everything that was ever asked of her and represented Miami well on and off the court. She was simply coached by an utter moron.

2 Likes
1 Like

Now we have five. Former UC player. Stats are not impressive.

1 Like

Make that six. 9.7 ppg. 53% FT shooter.

53% FT?!?!

Acorionna Lard – 2nd Team Selection

Ranking second in the league in assists, the 5’9" guard from Davenport, Iowa, was key to the Barton offense with her all-around floor game.

Distributing 5.0 assists per contest, Lard also contributed 9.7 points and 3.9 rebounds with 1.2 steals.

Scoring a career high 27 points against league champion Dodge City, Lard reached double figures in over half of the 33 games and posted three double-double performances.

In early November hosting Neosho County, Lard scored 13 points and hauled down a career high 10 rebounds for her first career double-double, followed three games later in distributing a new 13 best assists with 14 points, with a 17 point and 10 rebound performance coming at Pratt in the second week of February.

Picked up Jada Scott’s sister as well. Both played this past season at UC.

2 Likes

We’re recruiting junior college players with single digit scoring averages?

Hold on now, sometimes it’s a new environment that can bring better stats. I once knew a guy (we’ll call him Anderson for lack of a better name) who played at a state school in Cleveland. I think it was State of Cleveland University but my memory is meh. Anyhow, this cat scored 1.9ppg and then transferred to a new situ and averaged double points all season. I think this new staff will develop players.

2 Likes