A look at our current women’s basketball roster

We’re trying to field a team

1 Like

Interesting fact: if Jordan Tuff stays, we will have three transfers from UC: Jordan, Jadyn, and Jada

They have virtually no roster. He was hired pretty late in the process. At this point it is getting bodies to form a roster, see if a new locale improves their previous performance, and build from there. Can’t play with 3 players.

“J-Term” named for them.

Good player. But will she follow her Faith to Akron?

(sister Faith)

I wouldn’t. That would be trading a forty year treasure for a four year token.

2 Likes

Stinson is a 5’11" guard looking at her Twitter page.

2 Likes

I found some stats on Stinson. She is a different style player than her older sister who is 6-2 and a center who is very strong. Jamisyn is a good 3 point shooter and seems to have an all around game with lots of steals, assists, and rebounds. Midway through last season she was averaging 21 ppg. She just finished her Junior season, so she is a class of '24 recruit.

Her older sister Faith played in every game for the Zips last year, averaging 14 minutes off the bench. I think Akron started the same 5 girls all 30 games last year, Faith was the backup center and probably starts this year. 4 of the 5 starters graduated and even though they had a winning season, their coach was fired.

According to a poster on the MAC board, Madison French just signed with Northern Kentucky. So two of our 4 commits are now gone. However, he said that Amber Tretter is still coming to Miami but he could not find any information on our guard from San Diego. He commented that Tretter was the top recruit out of the group. Being from Indiana, she might be pleased with getting Coach Box as her new coach.

Might not have been her decision not to come to Miami and to pick NKU instead.

Back in prep school my kid was being recruited very hard by an assistant hockey coach at Middlebury and had a firm offer. He was about ready to commit. Then - all of a sudden - that coach took a job in the USHL. The other coaches at Middlebury really weren’t that well acquainted with my kid so the intensive recruiting stopped. He ended up playing at rival Hamilton. You never know what’s happening behind the scenes when there are coaching changes.

Pretty sure Amber Tretter is still coming since she and her parents sat right behind us at freshman orientation yesterday.

6 Likes

What’s your scouting report? :wink:

How’d she sit? Did she look like she could rebound? Any wrist movements to indicate good shooting form?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Her parents are tall and she inherited their genes!

2 Likes

I am getting impatient for more roster additions. Women’s hoops have 15 scholarships, right now we know of 8 that are on our roster. Coach Box may not give out all 15 this season, but I would think at least 5 more will be added.

Dick you only need 5 players! :rofl:

Box at the first game:

I have it on good authority that the team has had players in for official campus visits recently that have not been reported breathlessly here, so I am not worried.

7 Likes

If you are really in the loop, you should be able to provide more specific information! lol

None the less, good to know that we have had several recruits visiting.

1 Like
1 Like