'22 Recruiting

Signing day show at 2pm ET on Miami All Access.

1 Like

On paper yes, highest class we have recruited. 68th ranked nationally and #1 in the MAC. Per 247 system our class has an average rating of 82.97. Last year 81.51. This years class has 14/16 with composite 3 star ratings. The other 2 don’t have composite ratings but were ranked 3 stars individually by 247. 2nd best class in MAC is CMU also with 16 and an average ranking of 82.51. UC is nationally ranked 33rd with average of 86.33 for their 18 recruits. They had 2 that had 4 stars. Again all on paper.

68th nationally and # 7 in the very near future Group of 5 - sans UC, UCF, BYU and Houston. Looks like we should be able to expect far better than continuous 7-5, 6-6 or 5-7 records.

1 Like

Now we just need to develop these players…

1 Like

…believe it when we see it!

:wink:

1 Like

CM can’t complain about not getting players. As mid majors go, we are doing fairly well.

3 Likes

Anyone picking up anything on the live NLI broadcast link?

By comparison, the 2019 class (Gabbert, Phelps, Pace, Salopek, Shaffer, Feth, Coldiron etc) had an .8077 composite rating. If we get 6 or 7 contributors like these out of this class we all will be VERY HAPPY.
As we know, it is an inexact science. Many have looked good on paper and never saw the field.
Interesting that 247 has Humphreys as the 4th highest rated recruit for us since they started the rating system.
Better than Dysert who is 5th. Lower than Clay Belton who is 2nd.
Yes, an inexact science.

4 Likes

No, just the title screen for me right now

Chuck just said we will probably add 3-5 more kids between next signing period as well as over the summer.

If we could get another QB as good as Dysert I’d be thrilled. He will forever be underrated, and was likely massively under-developed, because of the coaching malpractice conducted over his last two years in the program.

5 Likes

From 6-6…,

To 13-0!

Shoot for perfection, settle for excellence.

3 Likes

Rivals’ top ranked overall player Travis Hunter has decommitted from Florida State and signed with FCS Jackson State this afternoon. Coach Deion Sanders pulled a rabbit out of his hat.

3 Likes

PRIME TIME it is.

So… how long will it be before recruiting violations are revealed at JSU? And nowadays in the world of NIL, potential benefits would have to be significant.

I hope it’s on the level and that he is indeed looking to set a new trend.

Maybe he was promised a light blue blazer? :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t know, a lot to be said to be a young CB and get the chance to have one of the best ever to be your coach.

2 Likes

Heard he is getting $2M from Dave Portnoy/Bar Stool.

And great players are not always successful coaches.

1 Like

Well Sanders was this year

1 Like

Humphreys looks legit on tape to me…

1 Like