'22 Recruiting

Which ones are projected as interior guys in this group?

Lukusa (not Lukasa, we should try and get it right) flipped from Toldeo, right…that’s pretty solid…did we offer late?

I was surprised he was at Toledo with all their Edge offers and/or edge players on their roster? Anyway seems like a great signing.

1 Like

I would guess Clark is definitely interior. The other two, I suppose it depends on how they develop their bodies and our needs.

1 Like

Because I deleted that post.

Very happy to have him. Getting ends with that length always helps.

1 Like

I’m going to guess Clark will be interior and the other two will be ends. Duncan could bulk and move inside, but the results we’ve had from doing that haven’t been great. Adding 40lbs quickly seems to have caused a decent number of injuries to the ends we’ve tried it with. Duncan does look to have the frame for it though if that’s something that was discussed.

Clark looks a big get…and need!

2 Likes

Pretty sure Duncan will start off as a TE here

4 Likes

It looks like Miami is going to land a top 7 Group of 5 recruiting class! I’m not counting UC, UCF, BYU or Houston as Group of 5.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen anything on social media or the AD website regarding a signing day show tomorrow. Not sure if Bake is lurking on this board yet or not. Maybe it’ll just be a pre-taped video like I think they did last year?

2 Likes

Even with Simmons coming in as a TE?

1 Like

CB Devin Johnson NLI in.

WR Having Tracy is in.

WR Reggie Virgil is in.

LB Eli Coppessis in.

TE Jeffrey Simmons in.

OL Eric Smith in.

OL Gavin Rhors in.

S Rown Zolman in.

3 Likes

Class appears to be announced here. Class of 16. Interesting the weights on here are a little different than what is going up on Twitter.

1 Like

Signee Roster|FULL NAME|POS.|HT.|WT.|HOMETOWN|HIGH SCHOOL|HIGHLIGHTS|
| — | — | — | — | — | — | — |
|Malachi Clark|Defensive Line|6-1|285|Detroit, Mich.|Roseville|Highlights|
|Eli Coppess|Linebacker|6-1|215|Pickerington, Ohio|Pickerington North|Highlights|
|Ashton Duncan|Tight End|6-4|245|Ironton, Ohio|Ironton|Highlights|
|Joseph Humphreys|Quarterback|6-3|200|Owensboro, Ky.|Daviess County|Highlights|
|Devin Johnson|Defensive Back|6-1|190|Berea, Ohio|Berea-Midpark|Highlights|
|Brandon Lawhorn Moore|Offensive Line|6-6|300|Vandergrift, Penn|Kiski Area|Highlights|
|Joshua Lukusa|Defensive Line|6-4|240|Cincinnati, Ohio|Withrow|Highlights|
|Grant Lyons|Linebacker|6-3|220|Cincinnati, Ohio|St. Xavier|Highlights|
|Mason Moore|Defensive Back|6-2|190|Lexington, Ky.|Lexington Christian Academy|Highlights|
|Gavin Rohrs|Offensive Line|6-4|305|Marysville, Ohio|Marysville|Highlights|
|Jeffery Simmons|Tight End|6-6|230|Fishers, Ind.|Fishers|Highlights|
|Eric Smith|Offensive Line|6-6|295|Fairmont, WV|Fairmont Senior|Highlights|
|Javon Tracy|Wide Receiver|6-0|185|Indianapolis, Ind.|Decatur Central|Highlights|
|Adam Trick|Linebacker|6-4|220|Dayton, Ohio|Wayne|Highlights|
|Reginald Virgil|Wide Receiver|6-4|185|Apopka, Fla.|Mount Dora Christian Academy|Highlights|
|Rowan Zolman|Defensive Back|6-4|205|Churubusco, Ind.|East Noble|Highlights|

2 Likes

If the above is our full class for today, I have a couple thoughts/observations:

1. Interesting that we are going to use Ashton Duncan as a TE. That doesn’t seem to be a position of need, whereas DL seems more of a need. Will be curious to see how that plays out.
  2. No RB. I still think we need a big back. Perhaps we can add one as a transfer or late signee.
  3. There are a lot of transfers in the portal, including a couple OL I know we were looking at. Again, if we have the spots open, would like to see us add a little more. Big RB, another OL, another interior DL.
  4. No designated special teams players, i.e. punter, kicker, LS. Again, many in transfer portal.
    5.Another signing period in February so all of this remains somewhat fluid, and more can definitely be added.

More can sign in feb

Granted it is a relatively small class in numbers compared to our past few, and they are only 90 second highlight clips, but there is a ton to like here. Many new tools added to the toolbox!

2 Likes

Official release from Miami here:

They have Malachi Clark listed @ 6-3 295 already in his write-up, maybe wrong…but if correct, bodes well for future likely either way (6’2" ~290 to 300# DT)…He might see time right way along with the current group.

Pretty high MAC rating with small class, are we still #1 in MAC?

Yes - 2022 Recruit MAC Football Team Rankings

It appears from the Miami site that the NLI Signing Day Show will air live at 1:55 Eastern. Found it in the football drop down for Additional Links under Videos.

1 Like