2024 Softball Season

4 Likes

#25 in ESPN’s rankings this week!

2 Likes

The ESPN/USA Softball is the one I was wanting to see us ranked in. So proud of this team!

5 Likes

It’s about damn time.

Don’t stop there. Keep climbing that ladder.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s DH moved up two hours to 11:00 am NIU time.

1 Like

What’s the score?

1 Like

We sweep the Huskies. 5-2 final today

4 Likes

27/24 in the human polls, still stuck at 36 in RPI. Should be a 2 seed if we run the table in Akron.

3 Likes

Game, set and match.

Onward.

1 Like

Beth Mowins just mentioned us on the SEC Championship broadcast:

“Where’s Miami of Ohio - with all those Home Run hitters - going?”

4 Likes

They just mentioned Karli Spaid and her 36 HR on the Oklahoma vs Texas broadcast. Sooners lead #1 Horns 5-1 bottom of 4.

1 Like

Karli Spaid drafted 7th overall by Athletes Unlimited Pro Softball!

5 Likes

How did Liberty finish ahead of Miami with a 38-25 record? Miami was 49-9 with a win over #17 Louisiana and a two run walk off loss to national champion Oklahoma.

That stinks!

1 Like

Just guessing but it could be because Liberty also beat Louisiana.

During the season they also beat #22 Virginia (who we lost to twice in the NCAA’s by shutouts).

They also beat #12 LSU and #13 Georgia in addition to beating Charlotte when they were #22 in the rankings.

We simply did not have enough quality wins.

2 Likes

That probably explains it. We feasted on very weak MAC pitching…

Does anyone follow the Softball transfer portal? Seems like all the trackers are behind paywalls.

I’m wondering who we might have lost because of the coaching change. Next year was going to be a big reload without the change anyway.

Also, I’m wondering if 2K is taking any of our coaches with her.

1 Like

x.com This page has some helpful information

1 Like

I find that to be more depressing than helpful.

2 Likes

Losing a first team All American to graduation is painful but expected. Losing a superstar coach is crippling. Losing a starter who was a Freshmen All American is indeed depressing.

Its just beginning.

1 Like