2024 Softball Season

Depends on who we hire. We are a dream job now for a top assistant. I bet there is a colossal amount of interest.

1 Like

The bad news continues…

https://twitter.com/CSEvalSoftball/status/1800640584861790663

Is anyone good looking to transfer TO Miami?

We probably need a coach first

5 Likes

We really can’t be dragging our feet hiring a coach when we need to be re-recruiting our own players.

7 Likes

https://x.com/SoftballPortal/status/1801691347335975379?t=A4yX1QtEdNrHDoylede2Tg&s=19

It’s been two weeks and still nothing. Obviously Zerkle getting hired by Marshall last offseason meant there was no successor in house, but did we really not have a plan B? It can’t be a surprise when a coach from a top 25 MAC team with national plaudits for style of play gets hired away by a bigger program.

2 Likes

Can’t make a hasty decision in the name of continuity. We’re here to build programs not just individual teams

8 Likes

Have any of them found homes yet? If not, there’s a possibility that one or more of them could withdraw and stay at Miami.

Bewick, Parisien, and our highest rated commit have now committed to OSU, following our former coach. Also announced today, OSU has hired Vierstra as the assistant coach, really tough loss again. The team and coaching staff has been gutted.

We will prolly be rebuilding but that’s show business!

Jenna Golembiewski showing up to practice

fresh-prince-room

i’m sure she will be leaving now too…

If it’s any consolation, 10 Texas A&M baseball players (including five who started in the MCWS finale) jumped in the portal after the team finished second in the nation.

It ain’t just little fish like us dealing with this.

and A&M’s head coach just left to be the head coach at Texas.

1 Like

That’s a big part of why A&M players jumped.

I also loved that the coach took offense to a reporter asking about the potential job change during the postgame press conference and discussed how much he loved A&M and uproot f his life and family for A&M, even though he had already secretly taken the Texas job.

Yet he thinks the person asking the question is the bad guy.

1 Like

There’s always a bigger fish in the sea

1 Like

This is the typical party line and a weak excuse. Yes, an AD can get blindsighted and be unprepared to have to find a replacement, but in situations like this an athletic Director should have been fully prepared for the Coach to jump to a power conference job. Athletic Directors should have a list of possible replacements ready to call and interview and should make a big effort to get the hiring done quickly. With the transfer portal and NIL situation today, delayed hirings are not allowing the next staff to keep a successful program going. It is forcing the new staff to have to start all over. Getting the right person is still the most important thing but always being prepared should expedite the whole process.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, and several times before that. It was foreseeable at least half way through the season that we would have a special year which could/would result in the coach leaving. Why there wasn’t a list created and updated as the season progressed is difficult to understand. This delay is unconscionable unless there is a candidate that is still under contract which has yet to be resolved.

1 Like

I have a feeling the AD has their target and maybe this gets solved in the next week. School is starting just around the corner.

2 Likes