2024 Softball Season

Spaid with another home run to add to the total, make that two

1 Like

Spaid with her second of the day to become the all time D1 career home run leader among 4 year players and extend the lead to 11-1 in the 4th.

6 Likes

As has been discussed, EKU is a pretty good team, and they’re in danger of being run-ruled.

3 Likes

Big 11-3 run rule win today at home! Two HR - both by Karli.

6 Likes

That is a nice bounce-back victory right there.

5 Likes

So here is a question I have been thinking about. Is Karli eligible for a Covid year next season? If the only girl with more homers than she has did it in 5 years, I would love to see her come back for a possible 5th year, maybe pick up a Masters degree in the process.

She is not

1 Like

What about me as a fan. Am I eligible for a Covid year/any associated benefits?

Thought it was post to be an double header yesterday

The covid eligibility year was applied to the 19/20 school year for spring sports and the 20/21 school year for fall and winter sports, so no extra year for her.

https://twitter.com/jackschmelznger/status/1769169659004125423?s=19

1 Like

It was supposed to be a DH on Tuesday but bad weather changed it to a single game yesterday.

I think it was also applied to 2021 spring sports if schools cancelled the season or played a reduced schedule, but Miami played a full schedule so wouldn’t matter either way.

1 Like

Spaid’s home run was featured on the SportsCenter Top 10 this morning.

4 Likes

Thanks for spelling it out for me. I forgot that Spring sports went by a different standard.

We’re one of just a handful of teams to reach 40 wins at this point in the season…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Michigan really turned things around mid season. They had early season losses to Florida Atlantic, Sacramento State, Long Beach, Louisville (2), Fullerton, and Northern Kentucky.

But they were still swept mid-season in a three game series by Northwestern, a team we might see in the NCAA Regional.

3 Likes

Cowards at USA Today / NFCA still have us in the other receiving votes category at 28.

2 Likes

Looking at the various rankings, the most likely regional locations at the moment look like Virginia Tech, Missouri, or Tennessee, unless Kentucky goes on a late season run or they send us somewhere random.