3. Omaha

4. CC

5. SCSU

6. ASU

7. WMU

8. Nodak

9. UMD

2 Likes

True, but a few other factors at play. One, there were like 10 expansion franchises that predated the Jackets so the player pool was depleted by the time they came into the league. Two, the league realized that terrible expansion rules was not a good recipe for success in non-traditional markets, so they loosened it up for Vegas. Three, the VGK expansion fee was $600M versus the $80M that CBJ paid, right or wrong when you pay that much more you’re basically owed a competitive franchise off the bat.

Another one of Noreen’s “character” players (Trevor Connelly) just cost Team USA’s u18s a gold medal with an idiotic, dangerous penalty that got him ejected. Canada scored 3 goals on the major.

He was also already under scrutiny for past behaviors of posing with a swastika, peeing (yes, peeing) on teammates items, and allegedly using a racial slur during a game. Last week he pulled a jerk move scoring a michigan goal on Latvia while they were up by 5 goals.

He was Tri City’s best player this past season. Basically Mitchell Miller pt 2. Interesting how much our coach talks about morals and values and getting the right guys who are good teammates and people yet these punks end up on his team😂

2 Likes

Good to see Miami hockey atop a poll for a change!

2 Likes

Bonk what does our 24/25 roster look like at this point?

Very incomplete.

1 Like

Understood-please take a shot at what the rooster looks like a present including incoming freshmen and portal in/out ( a good story for your site )/thanks

1 Like

There’s a lot of smoke regrading his taking on questionable characters for a minor league team. That’s what it is. If these types start showing up at Miami, we have a huge problem. Until they do, I’m not going to worry about it…

3 Likes

Was Trevor Connelly the team member who was sobbing uncontrollably while the USA team was consoling each other post game?

Yeah I’ve listened to every interview/podcast I possibly could with him on it to get his vibe and I think he truly believes he can change these players and is very passionate about helping young men grow and leading them the right way to turn them into mature men. He obviously loves the grind and if I had to guess it’s probably more rewarding in the cases of guys who need a lot of help turning the right way.

We just have wayyyyy too much for him to fix already here and don’t have as much time for this extra stuff as a winning team might have.

I’m not sure, someone on Twitter said he didn’t even come out to get his silver medal. He’s definitely getting lots of hate online today. Lots of chatter about how far he’ll fall in the draft and how nobody wants him on their team

https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-scouts-face-dilemma-with-2024-draft-prospect-trevor-connelly

1 Like

Hey! Obviously not bonk but I posted a spreadsheet of what our potential future hawks could look like a while ago if that helps, but it has definitely been lost in the thread. I’ve been keeping it as up to date as possible, things just get a little messy with the juniors guys and their eligibility.

However, should have all the transfers denoted and where they’re coming from/going that we know of thus far!

24-25 RedHawks

4 Likes

Side note on the coaching front:

https://x.com/miamioh_hockey/status/1787474962447512031?s=46&t=5we6xgGGJ9e_pdiRKXfcvQ

2 Likes

Sounds like Urban Meyer’s rationalizing. Notice how it’s always the superstars that these coaches want to help turn things around? They never seem to invest themselves into getting some third stringer on the right path. We’ll see what happens. He has a clean slate at Miami to start.

1 Like

Maybe we only know about the superstars because their stories of bad decisions are the ones making it into the news.

Tbib- thanks for the roster/ coaching update- well done.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong :joy: and Noreen is a very smooth talker who tells you what you want to hear and he has some pretty privilege so it’s easy to want to believe in him. He’s kinda politician-esque and I think that helps him get away with things others got way more scrutiny for.

https://x.com/schlossmangf/status/1787608597481795873?s=46&t=5we6xgGGJ9e_pdiRKXfcvQ

5 Likes

That’s awesome news! I have faith that Noreen can get this team competitive quickly. First time I’ve been excited about hockey in a bit.

5 Likes

We still need to upgrade talent. But experience on the blue line always helps!

2 Likes