2024 (so-called) off-season thread

Bergeron’s childish behavior toward you was one of the more ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. I’m excited about the new regime (especially since he’s not going to be a part-owner) :joy:

6 Likes

So what are people’s expectations? For me, the three year progression would be:

YEAR 1: Get out of the cellar, and if we can’t at least put up a fight to the end for 6th or 7th.

YEAR 2: Solid year where we finish between 4th and 6th and snag some wins against the top of the conference

YEAR 3: A solid top 4 finish, make a run in the tourney and get an ncaa bye.

1 Like

YEAR 1: National Championship

YEAR 2: National Championship

YEAR 3: National Championship :joy:

2 Likes

Avon Old Farms is a solid prep program.

1 Like

Thats reasonable. I suppose results could increase measurably depending on recruiting home-runs and assistant coach quality. At the very least, I hope we can excel in OOC play next season and win a few series against fellow basement dwellers in the NCHC.

2 Likes

Coach, I find that smoothie recipe suspect

1 Like

Ron Francis fires Dave Hakstol and Paul McFarland at Seattle after two seasons. Kraken regressed after exceptional inaugural year.

FWIW it wasn’t an exceptional inaugural year, they missed the playoffs (Vegas was the great one). They made the West Semifinals last season so they did regress to your point.

I don’t agree with firing him. That team didn’t have the offensive weapons to compete in that division this season. Jared McCann is your leading scorer with 62 points?

And Joey Daccord…he’s alright. :laughing:

1 Like

I’d spread that out over 4 years.

1 Like

Year 4: Profit. :grin:

Any team that makes the playoffs in its inaugural season is exceptional. They made the playoffs and won a series in their inaugural season. I am aware that what Vegas did was off the charts. One of my kid’s college teammates is the Golden Knight’s’ Director of Scouting.

Seattle regressed and missed the playoffs this season. I liked Babcock as a coach and I’m sorry to see him fired. And I was a hockey-involved guy from Seattle so I keep track.

Counting that human piece of garbage Mike Babcock, 18 NHL coaches fired in the last 13 months.

3 Likes

Bonk, Have you heard rumors that Northwestern ( as in Big 10)is going to transition to D1 men’s hockey?

1 Like

https://x.com/thenchc/status/1785069252703051961?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

Looks like Cisek and Schutte sitting there with Coach Noreen :thinking: will they stay?

2 Likes

About 100 times, but never anything substantial and not very recently.

No chance on the latter, unsure on the former.

3 Likes

Well you must have wiped it from your memory bank because Seattle finished their inaugural season (21-22) with a record of 27-49-6 and did not qualify for the playoffs. :v:

1 Like

I can’t say I’m mad about that😂

Oh, damn! You’re right. I had a hip replacement in North Carolina on October 25th of their first season and completely whiffed on it during the winter that I was recovering. The exciting season was indeed the second one. Thanks for refreshing my aging memory.