2023 Season

The weekend series is sold out.

4 Likes

Hold on. Type that again for us keeping score at home: we sold out the softball stadium? 1. Amazing. 2. If we had a chance at more fans, I’d demand baseball let softball have their venue for the series only because it’s larger so more ticket sales.

It’s a 4 team tournament and it looks like capacity is only 600, so the sellout isn’t that impressive. The impressive part is that tickets sold out in less than an hour.

2 Likes

Doctor Burger, we agree to agree.

I understand they’ve added bleachers to the field seating, and those have sold out as well. It should be a great weekend of softball!

4 Likes

Amazing that the softball program is capable of selling out, though I find it deeply ironic that one of the few sports we have that has put out a consistent winner with wins over nationally relevant teams is the one with the smallest facility while football and basketball are swimming in empty seats at Millett/Yager next door.

Now we need to dig deep and have a good showing over the weekend. Don’t want to see two non competitive run-ruled games like at Stanford in front of our supportive fans.

1 Like

IMO it should be basically a Rocky scenario where the goal is just to go the distance.

Oklahoma is 151-8 over the past three seasons despite always playing one of the hardest schedules in the country. They won 10-1 against that same #7 Stanford team that killed us. They beat #3 UCLA 14-0. They played a two game series against #15 Kentucky and outscored them 25-1.

By my count, they’ve played 63 games against non power conference teams over the past three seasons and 50 of them have been decided by 8+ runs. That’s despite only playing the best mid majors, presumably fielding weaker lineups in many of those games, and that three of the games that went the distance were against the JMU team that made the WCWS semis a couple years ago. Avoiding a run rule game would be a really special result.

3 Likes

Scheduled to play the Sooners at 10 am on Sunday - their getaway day. 50% chance of rain all morning with 20 mph wind. Possibility we won’t play them at all unless we can adjust the schedule…

1 Like

9-0 win to open the series at BG today in 7 innings.

The OU game, if we can NOT get run ruled will be an awesome achievement. Watching OU play LSU right now. OU has outscored opponents 90-1 in the second inning and counting. 40% of their runs come with two outs. They just chased the starter in the second with 2 outs and are up 3-0 I believe. The count was full on the last homer and it was just cranked out of the park.

2 Likes

The softball version of John Wooden’s UCLA basketball teams!

Outscored their opponents 319-33 and only lost once all year. Scary. However, they only won 3-0, yesterday, but LSU is ranked 12th and it was at LSU. Come on ladies, shock the world.

1 Like

Amazing series at BG. Won 9-0 yesterday and took a DH today 13-0 and 8-0. 30-0 in three games.

1 Like

Yea us!

3 Likes

Starting to look quite doubtful that we’ll get the chance to play Oklahoma on Sunday morning. We’re playing a 5pm game in Louisville when they arrive on Friday. They have an 11 and a 5 on Saturday with Louisville and Oakland…Supposed to play us at 10 on Sunday morning but weather forecast is 90% chance of heavy rain - a quarter of an inch - and 20 mph winds. Not much room to rearrange the schedule.

Rats

2 Likes

Weather still looks dicey for Sunday morning’s game against #1 Oklahoma. But Miami is 1-0 all time vs the Sooners, winning 3-2 in 1992. This weekend marks the first time the Sooners have ever ventured into Ohio for a softball game.

1 Like

Good news! Because of impending bad weather they’ve moved the Oklahoma vs Miami game to 7 pm Saturday.

Bad news! Our 5 game (50 to zip) shutout streak has come to a close today in Louisville. Briana Pratt is getting lit up - trailing 6-0 after 3.

Better News. Holly Blaska with a Grand Slam in the top of four - now 6-4 Cards.

2 Likes