2023 Football Season

Less than 2 weeks to go and no kickoff time for the Toledo game

Uhhhhh it’s been all over the place today. 4 pm on ESPNU.

1 Like

For the Saturday all conferences have a 12 day window for announcing tv times. Ohio State vs Penn State was also announced today

1 Like

The CBS 133 has been updated. We are ranked at #63 - 11th among G5 programs. There are 19 P5 programs ranked below us. If we stay focused and execute on a week-to-week basis this could be a really big year for the RedHawks!

1 Like

At OU the game starts Friday night in town, then sometimes sleep, then to the stadium, and back to town. Once saw a student carry a case of beer in on his shoulder with a blanket over it. No one questioned it.

The beer…or the blanket? Sorry, couldn’t resist

That he could walk up the stairs with the beer case on his shoulder

That’s so damn dumb. Guess they’re doing it for all the West Coast Miami and Toledo fans out there.

No offense, Chuck.

I would prefer the noon start, but I don’t see anything wrong with 4pm. Maybe get a few more fans to come out with OSU playing at noon…

1 Like

What am I missing here? Is 4 pm a cursed time?

2 Likes

What’s wrong with a 4pm start?

Also, that’s not for West Coast viewers, it’s for Ohio viewers. Unless you think Miami-Toledo would stand a chance of selling any advertisements in Ohio markets going up against Ohio State-Penn State.

1 Like

I feel like you complain about game times a lot. What is your perfect time for a game?

1 Like

Good question. I think it depends on whether I’m going to a game or watching it in TV. If TV it really doesn’t matter that much. If I’m going I generally like a start in the 1-2:30 range so it’s over before dark - unless it’s 90 degrees.

Living 35 years on the West Coast was a different experience. I would get up at about 7 and watch the last two hours of GameDay. The noon kickoffs on the East coast took place at at 9 on the west coast. I could watch those games from my rec room and then head down to Husky Stadium for a 2 or 4 pm kickoff.

I could come home and watch the 7 pm west coast games on TV and be in bed by 11. College football Nirvana.

1 Like

I do that same routine but I often don’t wear pants. It’s gloriously freeing.

3 Likes

Personally, I love a game that starts at 3:30 but 10 minutes before kickoff it gets pushed back to say, oh, 5:45. It makes for a cool visual with the sun setting as the game begins. But it’s really great when we play nearly a full quarter and then stop entirely for another 3+ hours. Resume the game at 9:45 and have it wrap up exactly at 12:27 the next morning. It truly gives you the game day (and night and morning) experience.

We’re undefeated in that scenario.

4 Likes

Last month ( and before that) my lovely wife and I would be in a Fort Collins sports bar at 10 am to watch some games. Very interesting.

I like noon or one starts for Miami games. Gets me back home at a reasonable hour

3 Likes

Pants are generally required in Husky Stadium. Rain gear is optional. Not so much of a requirement for pants if I stayed home and watched all day on the sofa.

1 Like

Been there, seen it, done it. Have the T-shirt to prove it!

Don’t delete your posts. It ruins the show.

1 Like

After look at Saturdays forecast, I am hoping we don’t repeat that scenario.

1 Like