2023 Football Season

The Athletic’s Amy Daughters has listed Miami vs Miami as one of the 16 most intriguing non-conference matchups next season.

2 Likes

I wish Miami’s OOC schedules looked more like next season’s Ohio schedule.

3 Likes

Our OOC schedule should at least have 2 wins.

1 Like

Those are 4 winnable games for OU with a hike game against a P5. Amazing what you can do with a decently funded athletic department.

2 Likes

I have this four game slate at five losses for them.

4 Likes

Plus two interesting road trips to places where there would probably be an alumni presence and interest. The P5 home game is the balance to the two distant travel dates.

1 Like

Hmm. Perhaps I’ll head down to San Diego to heckle them.

4 Likes

Underrated bonus is that by playing SDSU (which is MWC and has a road game against Hawaii) they have a Week 0 game, which gets them an extra bye week and additional exposure.

1 Like

Miami of Florida’s top commit in the 2023 class flipped to Colorado yesterday. Cristobal dealing with a lot of uncertainty these days.

2 Likes

Lots of Hurricanes players in the outbound portal, too.

1 Like

He was terrified of starting his career against Chuck’s passing attack, so he tucked tail and headed to Boulder.

3 Likes

Cormani McClain, the No. 1 cornerback in the 2023 class…

Prime!

1 Like

Love him or hate him, Sanders is shaking things up in Colorado and to a degree in the PAC-12, time will tell if for good or bad

With SC and LA out the door, and rumors of Wash and Oregon not far behind, the timing couldn’t be any better for the Pac12. Or Sanders, really.

The CB flip was because his $13million NIL deal at Miami fell through. True story.

$13,000,000 to play college football.

1 Like

I thought that was the Florida QB

And to think all we need to help men’s hoops is the equivalent of money found in the glove box of the car or perhaps the cushions of your couch. Amazing.

2 Likes

It was the Florida QB recruit. Now he’ll probably sue Florida for breach of contract.

2 Likes

Dang it. My bad. But still…

3 Likes

This feels like a knock that Miami isn’t funding the athletic department, which is patently false. Maybe the funding isn’t going where you would like?

Miami spent $4 million more than OU on athletics in 2021. In the last 5 years OU has cut 15% ($4.8 million) of their athletic funding, Miami has cut 10% ($3.2 million)

Ohio’s institutional support/student fees is 76% of their funding ($20 million), Miami is 76% as well $23.7 million).

2 Likes