2023 Football Season

Thanks…I would still need my glasses. :slight_smile:

XL MOFO is the official size.

Chris Vaninni posted his MAC Preview on The Athletic site yesterday. Here’s what he said about us. He has us picked 5th in the second tier behind Eastern Michigan and Buffalo. Toledo and Ohio are in his first tier. We actually went 6-7 last season.

“Chuck Martin enters his 10th season as head coach, and while Miami won a surprise MAC championship in 2019, the RedHawks haven’t stayed atop the league. They went 7-6 last year and beat Northwestern, but an injury to quarterback Brett Gabbert hampered the offense to finish 113th nationally in scoring. The good news is Gabbert is back for his fifth season. The bad news is he needs to find weapons around him. The defense was very strong last year (35th nationally in scoring), and nine starters are back. This group should carry the team while the offense works out the kinks. Miami plays Toledo and Ohio in back-to-back weeks in late October, and a season opener against Miami (Fla.) makes for a fun name matchup.”

3 Likes

Guy does not know Miami’s record?

1 Like

All seems fair. Ultimately just need to score some damn points this year.

2 Likes

The guy knows MAC football as well or better than any other sports writer in the US.

1 Like

I guess he didn’t like the Miami WR group on 8/19 either.

1 Like

Appears he at least talked to someone who had concerns.

1 Like

This is just plain depressing!

1 Like

Extremely depressing. I wouldn’t even play the games after reading that article

I don’t really want to believe that after 10 years of rebuilding and facilities enhancement we are just an afterthought in the 103-113 segment of the FBS. This year - and possibly next year with our best ever recruiting class - are critical to sustaining our program. This year is the year to reassert ourselves.

2 Likes

It’s a terrible take by a writer who has paid little attention to most G5 schools. He put a team that won a bowl game last year (New Mexico State) in his bottom tier. He also clearly hasn’t been paying attention to what’s going on at UMASS, Akron, and Colorado State. Wouldn’t put much stock into this guy’s opinion.

3 Likes

Yea Us!?

Skins66 must be taking a nap. :wink:

2 Likes

Nap! Naps without guilt are great things. Yea us.

2 Likes

Heck of a start to the season! Seems like with the past couple of years makinga bowl game and this extremely positive start, I really hope the program can starting build some good momentum!

3 Likes

3-1 OOC record takes so much pressure off in qualifying for a bowl slot…looking for us to go at least 6-2 in conference (hopefully 7-1) for 9-3 or 10-2 regular season record.

And uc got whipped

Let’s run the table!!

2 Likes

Agreed! No reason we can’t.

1 Like

First time we’ve been 3-1 since 2003.

You can’t go 13-1 without being 3-1.

3 Likes