2023 Football Season

If you go to the Miami football web page they are available when posted - drop down bar and go to News.

1 Like

I like the idea. Aveon appears to be very durable too. However, I don’t think Martin will risk Aveon taking unnecessary hits. We need a true dual-threat.

2 Likes

I have serious questions about UC’s cybersecurity practices.

2 Likes

What happened- doesnt seem right

That’s a post for the Wisconsin football team that was posted to the UC football team’s account. Presumably Fickell took his social media manager with him and UC never changed passwords or did anything to make sure the former staff didn’t still have access to the accounts.

2 Likes

It looks bad for UC since it showed up on UC’s feed but that is the fault of the now-Wisconsin social media manager who can’t even manage to remember to log out of one account and log back into another.

2 Likes

The real key was that both could run, and without their top RB until the very end of the season, they still ran for nearly 2x more yards than they passed. Just rolled everyone all season until the Jackrabbits.

Thread jack: my 5yo’s favorite athlete is Touchdown Tommy and he’s met him twice (once in target and once at the spring game). He’s small like Miami’s qbs. Chambers however, is a large dude.

1 Like

MSU (as in Montana State) would drive most defensive coordinators mad. Miami could try something like this with Brett and Aveon.

2 Likes

@Renmanco Exactly what ChiefPanic and I were suggesting after watching the MSU Bobcats all last season. The QB tandem absolutely shredded the Griz in their GameDay matchup.

Coach gives his thoughts on today’s scrimmage. Obviously not pleased with the offense’s performance.

Heck , I haven’t been pleased w the offense in years. Join the club, coach.

7 Likes

The Athletic published it comprehensive ranking of all 133 teams today. Miami didn’t get much respect. They have us ranked 102nd, 32nd in the Group of 5 and 5th in the MAC. UMass is ranked at the bottom -#133.

I used to love the coverage and writing in The Athletic. There are still some excellent writers there, but they’ve slashed staff just about everywhere, and I have to believe any G5 coverage is only a shadow of what it used to be. I’d guess whomever worked on that list simply pulled the G5 schools out of a hat to determine ranking.

2 Likes

Chris Vaninni is their main go-to G5 guy. I think their G5 is pretty well thought out. They like Tulane, UTSA, Troy, South Alabama, Western Kentucky and SMU - all in the Top 50. They’ve got Toledo and Ohio in the next tier.

My feeling is that they don’t have much faith in Miami being much more than a mediocre .500 G5 team these days.

I hope their assumption is finally wrong.

2 Likes

Chris Vaninni does an outstanding job, always especially liked his Q&A columns. But I’m sure he’s being asked to do a lot more than he did, and spends less time researching each G5 school than he used to. Also, I wonder how much collaboration was done in compiling the final list.

The Cincinnati area used to have 6 or 7 writers, and now there are 2.

1 Like

I hope we shock them all. Being under the radar isn’t a bad thing IMHO.

1 Like

Being under the radar isn’t bad unless that’s where you belong. Let’s hope we’re not appropriately ranked in the bottom 33. We have one of the easiest schedules in the country - should be favored in 8 games - and if we are still under 100 at the end of the year with a 7-5 record it should trigger alarm.

We finished at 96 last season in their poll.

8-4 or better this season.

1 Like

Anybody know the size of the video screen portion of the new scoreboard at Yager?

The new one is entirely video screen. I don’t know the dimensions, but my best guess would be about 20 ft. tall and 60 ft. Long

2 Likes