2023 Football Season

Thanks for the update. The single game ticket and parking features haven’t been active the past week.

Are you in Section 15 or 16?

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks. Got mine, too!

2 Likes

I know the parents of 4 players. I hear the stories. I have never heard anything regarding CM being abusive either. I hope my post didn’t paint that picture. He’s just Chuck. Hardass for sure, 100% football. He does seem crazy to them. Zero stories of abuse, just brutally honest and kids these days can’t deal with it.

2 Likes

Chuck did mention in the QB video that Kopp is still waiting to hear if he’ll be eligible this season. Guessing this was recorded a few weeks ago, so not sure if that’s still the case or not

1 Like

Sounds like we’ve got our clear top two with solid experience and different skill sets (Brett snd Aveon), one talented one at #3 (Maddox) who may or may not be eligible (two transfers), one clear #4 with a single series worth of experience in Henry, one possible gamer at #5 in Matt McLeod and our signal callers - Matt, Orin Edwards, Ben Tarpey and then Blake Lichtenberg, the walk-on Freshman.

That’s better than last year when - after AJ portaled - we were left with no one with ANY game experience at QB after Brett’s early injury.

Everyone but Kopp and Lichtenberg should be highly familiar with the offense. That’s a pretty decent insurance policy.

There’s always Uptown!

Probably should have given Hesson reps since he is eligible and seasoned. CM exaggerated Kopps experience. Kopp has started one game. That was the last game of 2022. Starter, back up were both hurt. Kopp may be talented. I have no idea. He did not show it in spring game. The best news is that Aveon continues to grow. He has 3 years left and that would be an excellent situation for Miami to have at QB

2 Likes

I agree. It would appear Henry is probably talented enough to play somewhere. I hope he gets some playing time against Delaware State. I would love to see both Henry and Matt get reps in the second half.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Kopp just announced that his waiver was denied. Hesson moves up to #3

1 Like

I was afraid of that with the two transfers. Too bad for him. He was probably going to be asked to leave Colorado so he was pretty much in no man’s land. He’ll probably have finished his PhD before he runs out of eligibility. Next year (2024) will be his fourth year in college and he’ll have three years of eligibility left.

He’s not happy given the circumstances. You mentioned a couple of them.

https://twitter.com/maddox_kopp/status/1689798686878957568?s=46&t=BnpL3q4oXTuDYZSTgkMKhg

1 Like

I’m not so sure he will have 3 years of eligibility left. Where did you read that?

He’s listed as a Redshirt Sophomore. He never played at Houston and played in a single game at Colorado. He won’t play this year. I’m guessing one of the first two years counts as the Redshirt year. I don’t know how they count 2023 but it would seem unfair to count it as a year played.

I’m not positive, but I thought if you are ruled ineligible, you lose that year. I hope not for his sake. I’m curious now. I will see if I can find out.

1 Like

I want to see him play. Otherwise, we may see another QB leave without really seeing the field. This portal, Covid stacking stuff just sucks for the 2021 and 2022 class.

2 Likes

Yeah. Seems a shame to take the Redshirt year at Houston, get charged a season for playing one game at Colorado, be run off by an incoming coach who employs draconian roster management measures and then be charged a year of eligibility at the new school after being ruled ineligible. Pretty much sucks for him if that’s how it turns out.

1 Like

Well he did leave Colorado. He was the 3rd-4th string QB in 2022 depending on what depth chart you look at. He wasn’t going to be the 2023 starter. Sanders boy will be there one year then off to NFL. So he left because he wanted to leave, which is his choice. I know, that hindsight is always so clear, but he should have stayed. He also should be more upset at Miami staff than Colorado. Miami screwed up and didn’t do their homework. Now this kid is going to miss another year. I do not like this portal BS.