2023 Football Season

I’m guessing the at ND game is the one they’re trying to reschedule or replace…That might be why it doesn’t show up on the Miami site.

2 Likes

I’ll take another four ball games–2 home, 2 away. Just like the last time they wanted out. I’d love to play them numerous times in the coming years. Like last time, we will win games.

1 Like

If we beat Mizzou and Lindenwood then we should be named the official King of I-70 Missouri. And Bluesman will be marching down Market Street in Downtown St. Louis as the happiest man in the whole city.

Lindenwood has gone from NAIA to D2 to FCS in like a decade. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were good a few years from now, but regardless we should always expect to thrash an FCS team.

2 Likes

Unless it’s ND State or one of the real heavyweights!

1 Like

Where did they say they were trying to reschedule a game? Why would they reschedule Notre Dame?

I hope we do not sell out and give up the Missouri home game. Those games are needed to let our students and alums know that we are still relevant. We need the P5 games every few years at home. Lindenwood (I had to Google it.) is not in the same realm as an SEC or FCS team. We need to schedule better than Lindenwood. I will apologize ahead of time if this offends anyone.

P.S. To the athletic department:
Please do not schedule games like Lindenwood. (Even Lehigh or Lafayette, etc. would be better as they have long football histories and good academics.) Are all of our recent FCS losses under Chuck making you down schedule lower? So sad to see this if it is true.

PPS: When we take down the Miami (Hurricanes) this year, can you improve your selections for our OOC games? Then watch out ND…

1 Like

Missouri can pay 750k to buy out of the game, but that goes up to 1 million on Jan 1, 2024 so if they do cancel, they’ll likely do it this year. It’s possible the SEC goes to 9 conference games, and dropping us would be the obvious move for them, instead of getting rid of a home game.

IMO, any FCS team is roughly equivalent. Schedule the cheapest, and avoid any school that would actually pose an issue like NDSU. If you don’t want to play an FCS team at all that’s fair, but based on the current circumstances I don’t think that’s realistic.

5 Likes

I hope Miami doesnt cancel the Mizzou game but there isnt much we can do if Mizzou buys out. The fact they havent yet makes me excited

As for FCS - ideally I think we would play somebody we are 3-4 touchdowns better than. Somebody good enough you can learn from but not good enough to beat you

They haven’t. But it’s the only game shown on the FutureSchedules site that is NOT SHOWN on Miami’s site. Inquiring minds want to know why that is.

1 Like

Right.but we’re scheduling teams we should beat by 5 or 6 TD - teams in the bottom quartile of the FCS.

1 Like

Prior to this past summer I had never seen or been on Lindenwood’s campus. It is actually pretty impressive for a smaller university and the strides they have made in a relatively short time are impressive. My daughter spent a week there this summer as part of Missouri Girl’s State Leadership Conference. If I lived in St. Louis, and had a child who didn’t want to go far for college, and they didn’t get into Washington University, I would strongly encourage them to go to Lindenwood. As for athletics, Lindenwood’s teams have become very competitive very fast. I would say at this point they are in the upper half of the FCS in football. I would also expect them to continue to improve. Lindenwood offered my daughter a full ride scholarship this summer. That was a hard no. She was admitted to Mizzou’s honors college 3 days after sending in her application. Again, full ride scholarship. Mizzou was her safety school. She won’t be going there either. And yes, I will parade down Market St. in Miami red and white when we trounce Mizzou and Lindenwood! :rofl:

2 Likes

Just curious why you think they would cancel the Notre Dame game? They are getting, I believe $1.2M, Chuck has expressed his love for Notre Dame several times-he wouldn’t want to cancel it and Miami has a large Alumni base in the area. It would not make sense to schedule a home game, they would lose money. Just because it is not on the future schedules, does not mean anything-as several people have pointed out numerous times on this board the department is short staffed and a lot of smaller things slip through the cracks. Hey if Miami does cancel my apologies but it just does not make sense.

1 Like

I forgot about the SEC likely going to 9 games- that makes sense for them to not want to come to Oxford if they are scheduled to play 5 road conference games.

Maybe we get lucky and they play 5 home SEC games, so they cancel Louisiana or UMass?

Mizzour will never come get keeis getting moved

:fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Some good/funny stuff, not sure if posted.

Bolden and maybe Ty Wise going at it…on tire pull.

Some crazy effort here…

2 Likes

My favorite is the one between Javon Tracy and Silas Walters. The 190 pounders went at it!!

2 Likes

Insane hard work AND GREAT EFFORT for both players - even on the losing end of that battle. Nice job, work hard, and BEAT THE CANES 2023!

3 Likes

1 Like

I really like this schedule. Family Weekend and Homecoming on Saturdays in October against big MAC rivals and Battle of the Bricks on the Halloween Saturday in Athens. Only two MACtion mid week games - both at home so no school day travel. Finish the season at Ball State on Thanksgiving Saturday after 10 days off.

2 Likes