2023 Football Season

No, it’s not a knock against the athletic department or university. It’s about donor support and the ability to get money without needing to take a million dollar buy game.

1 Like

Since 2017 Ohio’s reported donor contributions are trending down and Miami’s are up/steady.
In that time Ohio has totalled $1.34 million more in donor support than Miami.
In the last two reported years 2021 & 2020 Miami has had $1.3 million more than Ohio.

College Athletics Database (knightnewhousedata.org)

2 Likes

It’s great we’re trending up, but the numbers are concerning for Miami. Do donations for facility overhauls go in that bucket too?

1 Like

Probably depends on how the funds are received and how they are spent to be classifed for inclusiong in that report.
I can see how the donation level compared to our operating budget would be concerning. I’m not sure how Ohio’s would be praised under the same examination.

1 Like

From The Athletic - one of the Miamis is changing its OC…

Miami parted ways with offensive coordinator Josh Gattis after he served one season on the Hurricanes’ staff, the team announced Friday. Here’s what you need to know:

• Miami dealt with a slew of injuries, including to starting quarterback Tyler Van Dyke, and finished 97th in the FBS in scoring offense (23.6 points per game), 89th in yards per play (5.34) and 114th in plays of 20 yards or more (42).
  • Gattis won the Broyles Award as the top college assistant while at Michigan in 2021. The Wolverinesaveraged 35.8 points per game in 2021 with Gattis serving as offensive coordinator.
  • Miami is also searching for a new quarterbacks coach after Frank Ponce, a Miami native, left the Hurricanes’ staff to return to Appalachian State to be offensive coordinator on Jan. 16. The Mountaineers averaged 34.5 points per game in 2021 with Ponce calling plays. Ponce, a former Cristobal assistant at Florida International, was previously on staff at Appalachian State from 2013 to ’18 and again in 2021 after spending two seasons at Louisville.

Game against Coral Gables is now on Friday Sep 1st:

1 Like

What the crap. Friday. Booooooo

Probably in the middle of a hurricane prep. Bring plywood.

1 Like

I am sure it is TV related. Will give us a good chance for some national attention if we can perform.

7 Likes

Takes the chance of going to a weekend game away. I guess I’ll have to save it for when we’re back there again in December or January for the Orange Bowl :sweat_smile:

If this means the game is played at night and not in the blistering florida heat during the day I’m all for it

3 Likes

I think a potential nationally televised Friday night game against a P5 opponent is great.

3 Likes

Also it’s Labor Day weekend, anyone traveling down there will have a few full days to soak up the sun and nurse their victory hangover over the wannabe Miamians.

Interesting article on FBS Schedules. According to 2022 results, OU has the easiest schedule in 2023. OU 133, Miami 117.

1 Like

Looks like Miami’s OOC schedule is now complete for the next three years with the addition of Lindenwood as our FCS game in 2025. The Notre Dame game in 2024 still isn’t on Miami’s own Future Schedule page.

We’re certainly doing a good job of avoiding any traditional FCS powers, if that’s our objective.

1 Like

2023 MAC opponents list released

4 Likes

There’s no way Mizzou actually comes to Oxford in 2025, right? Three P5 games would be a wild non-con schedule.

Should be a nice payday for us when they inevitably cancel the game or re-schedule it for @ Mizzou in the future

1 Like

Missouri has actually played some games at MAC schools when they were in the Big 12. I attended a Missouri at Ball State game and drove by the BG stadium while the teams were loosening up on my way home from a Miami away game. They might have played at Toledo as well. They were planning on playing us in Oxford ( we had already played there twice) when they got added to the SEC and rescheduled because of schedule issues, so probably they will show up. We have hosted Northwestern, Iowa, and Vanderbuilt in the past.

1 Like

They’ve played away against a lot of G5 programs as a member of the SEC, including the MAC.

Students apparently already lining up outside Yager with news of the Lindenwood scheduling.