2023 Coaching Carousel

I’d be curious as to who because some of the past narratives have actually changed but talking heads still dwell on the old talking points. The only thing about Stanford that I remember is Richard Sherman. With the 49ers, how did York and Baalke’s decision to try and trade him (which got out) and then hire Jim Tomsula work out for them. Baalke really took a hit after that. And after 2020, Harbaugh made some significant changes that played a big part in the last 3 years. He always had older staffs but look at the makeup of the last 3 years: Ron Bellamy, West Bloomfield H.S., state championship head coach; Mike Hart, UM running back, Sherrone Moore, young guy who will likely become the 1st African-American head coach, Mike MacDonald and Jesse Minter, both younger, up and coming defensive coordinators. Waiting in the wings are recent players Grant Newsome and Denard Robinson. Up here, the UM AD isn’t that popular. The feeling is that he lost Harbaugh and the Juwan Howard for basketball is turning out to be disastrous. If anything, he’s rankled the NCAA, and rightly so, with his revenue sharing comments. He didn’t complain about NIL like Saban and others did. He doubled down supporting his players’ efforts changed. Yeah, Harbaugh is different, but he didn’t feel the need to yell during a post-game interview defending the toughness of his team against what an octogenarian head coach said about his team.

1 Like

Yet, his players and staff love him.

1 Like

Sherrone Moore is in douche category after that post game PSU interview

“Hail to the Victims, valiant……”

Sheronne Moore named Michigan Head Coach!

1 Like

Will Johnson leave. Please leave! Go!

Let the clown show begin.

I thought it began when they hired Ono.

1 Like

Let the clowner show begin. Lol

This should probably stop the head coach carousel for this cycle barring unexpected deaths, firings or resignations for personal reasons. Right?

1 Like

Or a Head Coach at a Power 5 conference taking a coordinator role in the NFL!

I blame Brad Bates

1 Like

I don’t care that this is sort of a threadjack:

It is so fucking depressing to be a fan of the Washington Football Team.

1 Like

And just like magic…

Who were you hoping for? I know most Steeler fans were drooling for a branch off the McVay or Shanahan tree…

1 Like

I wanted Ben Johnson or Macdonald not the JV version of Ron Rivera.

1 Like

Any word on a Chuck Martin extension?

It’s coming

1 Like

Been a fan for over 50 years. The last 20 have been miserable.

Former RedHawk Chris Shula has been promoted to Defensive Coordinator for the Rams

7 Likes

This is great news!!!

1 Like

Interesting times in Columbus and Boston