2022 Season

Butler game on Wed 4/13 has been cancelled:

Next up is series at Buffalo: Fri 4/15 @ 3:00 PM and DH Saturday 4/16 starting at 1:00 PM

Sweep of Buffalo. 'Hawks now 24-12 (15-2). Nice to have a program that is actually good.

7 Likes

Righted the ship after an unexpectedly rocky start. Wins over South Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky and Michigan in the bank. Hallmark series coming up vs Cal at home next weekend!

2 Likes

I still can’t figure out how Miami is hosting California. Former softball coach, Angie Jacobs, played for Cal softball

2 Likes

However it came together, it’s a momentous occasion for Miami sports - hosting a PAC12 team.

1 Like

Here’s the interesting thing: I went and looked at Cal’s sports website, found softball’s schedule and noticed we are the only team they play in the Midwest. My assumption was maybe it was a spring break trip where they played OSU, IU, and us. Or some combo of other teams. Nope. Just us. Then they head back to play Arizona State. I will never understand quite how scheduling works as that seems like an odd trip, but great for the university and should be a great series.

4 Likes

I saw that, too. I had assumed we were a filler on a trip to play some Big10 teams. But nope. We are the sole destination.

1 Like

Maybe a pitcher from this area that they are recruiting?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say unexpectedly rocky start…they had one of the toughest non-conference schedules I believe. Our RPI is really low for some reason, but just need to keep dominating the MAC and hope we start to move up.

They lost their first three games of the season, which were against Bradley (20-18 (8-7)), IUPUI (9-29 (6-9)), and Tennessee St (12-30 (3-14)).

1 Like

The unexpectedly rocky start was against teams we would have expected to beat - 0-3 out of the gate against Bradley, IUPUI and Tennessee State.

Lost to BG yesterday in 7th inning…had a 2-0 lead going into top of 7th, but lost 4-2.

Play DH against BG today.

Won the last two vs BG. Too bad none of the games against Cal are scheduled to be telecast.

We beat Cal 6-5 tnite. Great win. Excellent overall results so far this year.

7 Likes

Yea us!

I found out why Cal is playing Miami in Oxford - because we asked.

It happened that Miami had a bye week in its MAC schedule that was not expected. Head coach Kirin Kumar is very aggressive and wants to play a tough schedule. She searched the schedules of many of the major big-name programs and found that Cal also had a bye week, so she called them up and invited them.

9 Likes

I admire this coach. She’s ambitious and it shows in her product.

3 Likes

Good on Cal for their willingness to hit the road and play a MAC team on their home turf. Makes sense from a practical POV as well, we’ve been a great program the past few years so losing to us isn’t a bad loss at all (and a win would’ve looked good for them).

3 Likes

Oh shit!

Cal was up 5-1 going into the bottom of the 7th. Miami has hit 3 homers to tie it up.

2 Likes