2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

I’m quite certain he isn’t anywhere near UC’s list.

2 Likes

McAfee is saying the same thing. We’ll see

Maybe they rehire Tommy Potatoville. I mean Tuberville. Same difference!

Wholeheartedly agree - he’d be crazy to go to CO. I think he can recruit and win about anywhere, but would be much more successful and quicker in southeast. Shoot- if I were him I’d be all over GA Tech with his Atl history or even FL Atl / USF over CO (pay differential made up by ability to win and outside income).

1 Like

There’s been some crazy stuff today, but to hear that the Auburn donors were not happy with Hugh Freeze, so now they’re supposedly going after Urban Meyer

1 Like

“We don’t want Hugh Freeze. He’s linked to too many scandals.”

“So… squeaky clean Urban Meyer?”

“Perfect!”

1 Like

I actually think David Shaw might be a good fit at Miami. Never going to happen but it would be a high quality hire.

Texas State fires Jake Spivatal after four years.

CM actually loves Miami and Oxford.

2 Likes

From my friend, Colorado offers Deion Sanders

Tulsa fires Phillip Montgomery after eight seasons …won the Myrtle Beach Bowl game at Tulsa just last season.

That’s nice. It’s a very livable community with a tremendous state university and only a half hour from a major metro area.

2 Likes

You better get some new sources. He’s gone.

No. I am sure we would outbid them.

Do what?

1 Like

You made an obvious sarcastic joke, I was responding in kind.

1 Like

Who is gone

1 Like

@Theman Fickell

1 Like

Lester out at WMU after 6 years…followed Fleck and went to three bowls (winning one) with best season winning 8 games and no MAC west titles. Went 5-7 this year and had overall winning percentage kinda similar to our program but did worse in MAC play than us.

Sources told ESPN that WMU administration expected to compete for and win MAC titles, and Lester was unable to deliver on that.

Additional data on Lester which I found interesting:
His record in six years at WMU was 37-32 with one losing season this year at 5-7.

Chuck Martin’s record over that same six years is 34-32 with one losing record (5-7 in 2017).

Most wins in any year was 8 for both…WMU went 8-5 in 2021 and Miami went 8-6 in 2019. Stats are eerily similar, and although Lester is a QB hometown hero having played at Western, he is out.

1 Like