2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

That Orange Bowl team that Harbaugh had at Stanford ran some of the best old fashioned, line em up and run it down their throats offense I can remember. Just beautiful to watch.

Also had Andrew Luck at QB didn’t hurt

2 Likes

My sources (ok Twitter) is telling me Colorado offered Neon the head coaching job. I actually think that’s a smart move for both. Nothing that school has done in recent years has worked out and Neon seems to have proven he can build a quality program. Maybe he’s holding out to see which of the big 3 Florida schools fires their HC in a year or so…

I wouldn’t rule out Sanders to USF. He’s from Florida, knows the area, and it’s obviously a fertile recruiting ground.

2 Likes

Interesting thought

Agree.I don’t think Colorado is nearly as good a fit for him as someplace in Florida or the other Gulf states. Arizona State might have worked well.

Rumors from the Mothership, Wiscy is pushing for Luke Fickell. We’ll see how Mrs Fickell rules

1 Like

Insight: David Shaw has been pushing Stanford to change its stance on allowing transfers. The Cardinal - with back-to-back 3-9 seasons - had only one transfer on its roster this season. The PAC-12 average without Stanford is 26 transfers this season. That amounts to about a quarter of every team’s roster. My how the FBS landscape has changed!

1 Like

If he leaves for Wisconsin maybe the Bearcats will give CM a long look.

3 Likes

I think they can go for someone like Herman and prolly win at a high clip.

You can’t be serious, Nescacdad! :flushed:

Pete Thamel is usually spot on with his reporting. I bet this gets done.

1 Like

Mad town is an attractive Midwest city - a great place to raise six kids. Mrs.F might just approve.

2 Likes

Thamel saying other candidates have been told it’s not gonna be them…looks like it’s Fickell. With the kind of cash Wisky is probably offering his wifey can keep her Cincy mansion for weekends and buy another one lakefront in Madison.

2 Likes

Have to think UC takes a long look at Chuck Martin. Hasn’t had a losing season in 4 years.

:joy:

You’d like to think this gives us an opportunity like 2017 but the cupboard at UC will not be bare and they will be able to offer the kind of money that good candidates will consider. The only hope short term may be that Fickell steals all his best players and forces a rebuild at Cincy.

3 Likes

My sources ( also twitter😂) are saying Fickell is not interested. Who knows? I was told last year that Fickell wanted to stay in Cincinnati while his younger kids were in school.

1 Like

As long as we’re a 5-3 or 4-4 team in the MAC, we’re not ever going to be competitive with a Big12 UC team, even if the Cats hire CM.

I dare say we might get competitive if CM gets the job!

Honestly, I can’t see how Chuck is even on the list of long shots.