2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

To start, Scott Frost is out at Nebraska.

1 Like

Whoever wrote “he won’t survive the first frost” wins. I’d have to go back through the comments. Was very well said. And true!

Robert Frost probably would have done a better job at Nebraska.

They didn’t even wait until his buyout went down by a few million in October.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw changes in the next month or so at West Virginia and BG as well.

1 Like

by a few million? :laughing:

try in half…waiting 3 weeks would’ve saved $7.5M…

I thought Frost would win at NEB after what he did at UCF. Hope he gets another chance.

I think his lack of success signifies just how difficult the Nebraska job has become. I don’t think the Huskers will ever return to the level of competitiveness they achieved during their Big 12 era.

3 Likes

Well, if they can leapfrog IU, Purdue, Iowa, NW, Illinois, Rutgers, they will still be an unranked team playing in the Meineke Bowl. Yeah. Tall order.

Yes, a true cautionary tale for other schools vis a vis conference realignment (which they absolutely won’t heed). The grass isn’t always greener.

4 Likes

He probably will but he doesn’t deserve one IMO. For 4 years, they made the same mistakes under him. He made a number of coaching errors. The onside kick against Northwestern was a microcosm of that.

Beware of the G5 coach that wins shootouts to get promoted to a P5 job. Plus, Frost proclaimed that his 2016 UCF team in a 51-14 loss at Michigan was more physical. And the mythical national championship the next year was a joke.

How long before Frost joins Saban’s staff?

3 Likes

Perhaps before the first frost. In Alabama, the frost arrives a bit late…but it does get there eventually.

Probably not the perfect stream but here goes:

I’ll just call it coaching that can get you fired and onto the carousel. Jason Candle had Daquan Finn still playing early in the 4th quarter of the game with UMass - up 45-7 - throwing and scrambling. Toledo has a trip to Ohio State coming up this Saturday. To me, that’s stupid coaching.

2 Likes

Miami fans get “stupid coaching.”

4 Likes

Losing to EMU gets you fired. Arizona State fired Herm Edwards today.

2 Likes

That is a funny job. They should do way better in the Pac12 than they do.

1 Like

you want to go back to the treadwell where we went two years iwith out win

1 Like

we still win the mac

Geoff Collins out at Georgia Tech, AD also in trouble

Good thing I picked Tech over Central. That showed a lot of knowledge on my part. Tech is another game we’d win this year.

1 Like