2021-22 Basketball Coaching Carousel

I assume if he were to become available, it would be because Ball St wanted to get rid of him. It’s very rarely a successful strategy to pick up a guy who just got fired by a direct rival for underperformance.

Even if you take out his two rebuilding seasons, he’s still barely above .500 and his best record in MAC play is 11-7. Unless we’ve gotten way down our list of candidates, I think I’d rather we take our chances in the market.

2 Likes

Whitford passed on Miami once already. What has changed in 10 years?

2 Likes

Also why the hell would we want a guy that Ball State doesn’t want?

3 Likes

I can envision mollautt under a table with a stethoscope, trying to listen to the negotiations and post to this site at the same time

Cuonzo Martin out at Missouri.

Matt McCall fired by UMass.

I was a huge Whitford guy when he was interviewing. But, when he called Sean Miller and walked out of Bates’ office, he is forever banned from coaching at Miami. Screw him. He is the reason we ended up with Cooper.

4 Likes

In surprisingly-not-the-carousel news: Georgetown is keeping Patrick Ewing but mixing up his staff. Georgetown was 0-20 in Big East play.

4 Likes

LSU fires Will Wade. He will be owed nothing because they’re citing NCAA charges as the reason.

I watch all these tournament games, with all the coaches and all their staffs, yet I’m supposed to think Miami’s best option is to stand pat.

2 Likes

0-20? Even Miami wouldn’t go winless in the Big East.

I have to believe if he wasn’t THE Patrick Ewing of Georgetown, the decision might have been different.

2 Likes

That’s not really a stretch.

Frank Haith out at Tulsa

You awake, David Sayler?

2 Likes

Honest question- who can fire Saylor? Is it a board thing? Not saying this needs to happen; just wondering.

2 Likes

I think Sayler just signed a new 5 year deal

1 Like

Georgia hiring Florida’s Mike White, who was on a hot seat to begin with.

With Owens we would go 0 20 in big east

…and Georgetown would get a win…

Jamion Christian out at GW.

You awake, David?