2021-22 Basketball Coaching Carousel

This double down is such a mind-numbingly stupid idea. Now The Sackman Plan is a good one where we would hire Kathy Auriemma to coach the men and she could bring her no-name husband to coach the women. Sheer brilliance from The Sackman.

4 Likes

Jack, if you are reading this, I’m pulling for you to run the table and be redeemed.

Bruce Weber, Thad Marta, Archie Miller, Chris Mack, if you’re reading this, if Jack comes up short, have your agent call David S. Someone will prove you can win in Oxford.

1 Like

Matta is completely retired. Seems like Weber might be too.

3 Likes

Interesting. Didn’t know that. Can we at least clone them?

1 Like

Not completely retired!

Webber would be a good choice and he is not retired just done at K state

He gave a long speech at his press conference last night talking about his career, the people he’s coached and worked with, what the game means to him, and complaining about what it’s become, then he resigned this morning. I suppose I could be wrong, but it seemed like he might be calling it.

Either way, I’m not sure you hire a 66 year old to do a rebuild.

1 Like

He has been pretty great everywhere he’s gone. I was in Atlanta when Lefty Drissel took over Georgia state and he was darn near 70 at the time. He did a great job there.

Except for his age, he would be an intriguing possibility. But I guess Jack would have to go first.

Reports that Dennis Gates is the top candidate for the open Georgia job. If a move is going to be made, we should make it quickly to get a jump, given that we’d presumably be looking at a similar candidate pool as Cleveland St.

1 Like

jermaine was an assistant at CSU. He could be in a good spot for that job if he’s as attractive as some here think.

They went 18-45 (9-27) during his time as an assistant there.

There is only one team in America where people are talking about Jermaine Henderson becoming its head coach

4 Likes

Let the record show that the year Jermaine started at Cleveland State, they had lost their 2 senior starting guards. One went to Louisville and the other somewhere else. Had they stuck around, CSU is a good shot at winning the Horizon and get into the NCAA’s. Instead, everything fell apart.

Kansas State, baby!!

East High in Columbus?

I hope Jermaine lands an assistant job at Akron, Kent or Cleveland State, so he can be with his wife and baby.

1 Like

I’d take Jermaine at Dayton. Add him onto the assistant coaches with what the staff they already have. Oooooooo baby!!!

And UD pays REALLY well!

Dumb question- if Whitford suddenly became available, would we still want him?

As long as we don’t end up with Cooper at the last minute.

2 Likes