WMU Game Week 2023

Prior to the season CM mentioned that we could play more up tempo with this roster. I guess I mistakenly took that as an indication that we would but you are correct that a new identity wasn’t declared. As for being balanced, this team is the least balanced in the MAC and least balanced of CM’s tenure with 62% of the plays being runs. Again, this is an observation not a complaint.

Agree, circumstances often drive the stats and having the lead late in games will lead to more runs and fewer plays though with the new clock rules it doesn’t matter much if you pass or run. The drive you are referring to was quite impressive. At the start of the drive I was thinking that it would be a win if we could milk the clock under 6:00.

Looks like a very nasty game day on Saturday…about 49 degrees at kickoff with 80% chance of rain and a 15-20 mph wind. Not conducive to throwing deep balls. Ground game needs to be clicking.

Incompete passes still stop the clock, so it could matter.

Balance of the offense has been effected the last 3 games by having our best weapon out with an injury. We were throwing the ball downfield a lot in our first 3 games, not so much now.

1 Like

I thought our offense last week was one of the most balance, most effective, most efficient we have displayed in years. Personally, I loved it. By the way, Dana said she saw you at the game!

2 Likes

Doing whatever it takes to win by adapting has been a real positive this year.

Updated weather forecast predicts 52 degrees at kickoff w light rain which should end by halftime.

2 Likes

What part of campus is that picture from? It doesn’t look close to the football field…

That bridge on Western Campus, close to the new-ish dining hall that replaced Alexander.

1 Like

It’s called Stonebridge.

Reghi

Thanks for faking that punt, WMU.

1 Like

Looks like Kent inspired WMU to try their own Special Teams BS.

Gage in!

1 Like

Gage is back.

Brett is favoring his throwing hand. That could be a problem.

Brett was literally yelling at the sidelines for the play before the timeout. That is inexcusable. Get the damn play in.

2 Likes

It was a stupid play call! Right now, it’s the “Red Forman Play Call of the Game”

1 Like