WMU Game Week 2023

Down 10 in the 4th quarter Rourke throws interceptions on three consecutive possessions. OU loses.

2 Likes

Well, then it’s time to become one of those obsessive, overbearing parents. Make sure to sign him up for even more hockey classes, even if they’re way out of the way.

Keep the Miami Mojo going.

2 Likes

Let’s sell out Yager next Saturday! I’ve already received a promo from the athletic dept.

1 Like

Chuck will play 3’s all game in the Red Bird Classic

And MHT will complain about it. It will be 2019 all over again!

2 Likes

My phone died during the game. It was quite sunny at the end of the game. Good game. I was nervous a few times, but they pulled it out.
Hopefully we have better weather in Oxford next Saturday.

We’re the best team in this conference by far and we will prove it the next two weeks.

#RankTheRedHawks

5 Likes

Knowing our recent lack of success at Waldo, any kind of victory, no matter how it looked would’ve been just fine with me. During the key moments of the game, we either made the plays or Western made the mistakes.

Western’s coach made some questionable decisions: the early fake punt, not playing Wolff the entire game, going away from the running game that challenged our defense.

Outside of the kicking game, our best unit may have been our secondary. They tackled well and didn’t allow anything significant at the end of the game when Western had to throw.

It seemed to me that Western got away with a lot of holding calls on offense. I think their offensive line finally wore down, helping our front 4 to finally get to the QB at the end of the game.

The improvement the offensive line showed last week kind of stalled today. I thought we’d be able to run the ball better but we didn’t get a great push.

Gabbert came through when we needed him. I won’t put all of the blame on him for the INT. It looked like another receiver was open, but Wilkins got turned on his route. He’s been really good in the red zone.

We’ve made it to the big games unscathed. The long mid-October MAC road trip has been a tough spot in the past for us sometimes. We got through our test, OU didn’t.

7 Likes

Was a great win overall. Congrats to players and coaches. Agree with those who don’t get run game struggles.

1 Like