WMU Game Week 2023

I would have tried the field goal. Strange decision to kneel there imo

2 Likes

6-1!
3-0 MAC!
BOWL ELIGIBLE!!

3 Likes

Also, strange decision by WMU to squeeze out the last couple plays.
Meaningless.
Thankfully, nobody hurt.
HUGE two games upcoming!!!

Play clock was under :40. Just take a final knee.

2 Likes

Very excited to be 6-1. Big games coming up but we have done really well so far this year. Its hard to imagine even in a bad case not getting 8-9 regular season wins. Double digits is very possible

1 Like

Good call Grumpy.

The clock stops when there is a chamge of possessio

1 Like

What, you don’t like the Redbird Rivalry having the Bahamas Bowl up for grabs in the last week of the season?

We are not an elite team, but we’re dang solid. Maybe not the caliber of team that you’d see in the 60s, 70s, late 90s, or 2003, but we’re good.

1 Like

OU down 23-13. 8 minutes to go.

1 Like

Yes, solid team.
No glaring weaknesses.
Looking forward to taking the next step in the next couple weeks.

2 Likes

Salopek with 15 tackles, 11 of them solo. Outstanding!

4 Likes

Exactly. We’re not 2003. But few MAC teams will ever approach that squad. I’ll take what we are right now. You are what your record shows. We’ve reached bowl eligibility and we haven’t even hit the mid-point of October. 6-1 now opens the door for the rarest of events… a huge Saturday MAC regular season game.

3 Likes

Weren’t two of their td’s short field after turnovers?

1 Like

Going in, I was worried about the Broncos on a rainy day…as already stated it’s a good win on the road!

2 Likes

First win in Kalamazoo since 2004.

4 Likes

Yup. We kept WMU in the game

1 Like

Clearly I should be taking my son to hockey class every weekend.

Unfortunately hockey is off next week, and the week after, it switches to 11:20 AM instead of 1:40 PM.

1 Like

OU going down.

You know you’re good when it’s October and my wife (casual at best Miami fan) says “ooh we’re going to a bowl, let’s keep our December calendar open.”

I don’t know everything about Miami football history, but one of our strengths over time seems to be that while we’ve had plenty of breakout seasons like 2003, our mojo came out of the sheer number of seasons like this one. Really nice team that wins a few OOC games and takes care of business against their MAC schedule. I’m here to make the Fiesta Bowl with some luck, but I won’t be mad with something like 11-3 with a MAC title and bowl win.

6 Likes

OU going down