Wilberforce at Miami Friday at 7:00

This is the second time I’ve seen Miami’s social media post an offensive meme. Whoever posts these needs more administrative oversight.

I originally saw that meme posted by a Georgia fan showing a Florida kid getting an Etienne jersey for Christmas.

=>If this was a D1 team then no problem. It just comes across as bullyish given the overmatched opponent.

4 Likes

I complained when when they called Coppin St. “whale poop,” but at least they are D1.

It was ridiculous post for a win over Wilberforce, but there are way worse things posted on the internet every day. It wasn’t offensive and was quickly deleted, it’s not the end of the world.

4 Likes

Why not just post the score with a picture of Yoda wearing a Santa hat with a thanks for playing us/ good luck with the rest of the year type message. Maybe something like “May the Wilberforce be with you this season.”

Yes/No?
Hint: Yes!!!

5 Likes

Yes, a small school with past financial difficulties. We shouldn’t even be playing them.

They only have 500 undergrads. :flushed:

If you listened to the presser, Wilberforce’s coach has been pushing the matchup, and he and Steele are long time friends. Steele was unable to accommodate him last year. Seems like a lot of goodwill was engendered by the game. Sorry if it doesn’t meet your standards.

2 Likes

It’s very private.

If I’m in charge of Miami athletics nothing like this gets posted again. We should not be comparing what we post to what is “much worse.”

1 Like

I think we agree a lot. But frankly, our social media presence has been beyond bad since its inception. If the worst thing they post is a crying kid holding a photoshopped Wilberforce shirt, who cares. It’s the “edgiest” any Miami account has ever been. Anything to get away from the tennis match energy the program/University is associated with.

Has me excited for what they can come up when we whoop on OU again.

1 Like

Coach Steele played them as a favor to the Wilberforce coach. They have known one another for a long time. Wilberforce coach also has a lot of ties to Cincinnati high school basketball.

1 Like

Highlights from the Wilberforce game:

https://x.com/MiamiOH_BBall/status/1741840689560789018?s=20

1 Like