What Dorm Did You Live In?

I failed the test as I was an English major. #sad

1 Like

Morris freshman year then off campus the rest!

Swing in '72-'75

this is fascinating!

My brother lived at Village Green during the summer and one night, some drunken hillbilly shot his front door off. I guess the guy had lost his keys so it saved on calling a locksmith?

Yep, definitely was a golf course on the land where Millett is now. Fond memories for we old people.

Our daughter (99) said she took golf class behind Withrow

If I recall correctly, Miami still offers a golf class in Hamilton (or at least they did my senior year when I was looking for classes to pad my last semester.).

1 Like

Social dance with Nancy Sturgeon. That lady was a tremendous athlete btw. Was like a coach for 3 ladies teams back in the day.

Jerry Peirson taught a racquetball class at Withrow Court. Pretty fun. You arrived and your opponent was posted on the wall. You played. You went home.

1 Like

Sometimes we used those courts for tennis drills when it was snowing and driving to Hamilton wasn’t a safe option. Withrow was actually a pretty well designed building. Lots of utility. I remember seeing golfers like Brad Adamonis practicing his swing in the side room with all the mirrors. I imagine there’s a dorm there now. I should have bought one of those bricks.

I talk with Jerry almost every week along with some other football and basketball and track athletes who were with me in Hepburn. See how I worked the thread into this post.

2 Likes

Jerry had a daughter who I knew somewhat well who played tennis for Ball State. She was in the same age group as my sister who also played college tennis. She was a nice girl. Good family.

1 Like

Wade MacMillan 1976-1977
Clawson 1977-1978
Flower 1978-1979
Swing 1979-1980

Havighurst ‘00-‘01
Off campus (& Luxembourg) thereafter

I recall there was a contest to name our new ice arena while I was a student. One entry was
“Chillings Skate-a-torium.” Shoulda won.

I always thought Goggin should be nicknamed “The Lloyd.”

1 Like

Then an appropriate nickname for Millett would be The John.

3 Likes

I had Jerry Pierson for tennis class, in fall of 1978, Several freshmen basketball players were in the class, George Swigert and Jeff Lisath.

I am going to take a wild guess here, but I’m thinking Swigert and Lisath did all right when grades came out.

2 Likes

George was a smart guy. Incredibly entertaining when interviewed. His dad was quite an inventor. These days… George is… Well… A little different