We can’t win with aveon

To all the haters:

GO FUCK YOURSELF

14 Likes

Let’s not kid ourselves. It was a team win. Aveon is a tremendous athlete. Just not a good qb. He didn’t lose us the game. That’s the best we can ask for from him. Just wish we had a qb to throw the ball.

3 Likes

Was I not clear? Go fuck yourself

11 Likes

MAC CHAMPIONSHIP OFFENSIVE MVP

4 Likes

It’s a team game. Despite conventional wisdom, the QB doesn’t have to be the superstar and/or the best player on the team. The goal is to win. The team is 10-4 when Aveon starts. That record now includes a MAC Championship.

HoosierHawk is correct.

3 Likes

Why can’t everybody be right? Aveon is not the best quarterback in the world and certainly not the best passer, but he has proven to be a winner, and that’s what’s important. The players seem to like him, and he does have a knack for coming up with the big play occasionally. And his team won a championship and is headed to another bowl game.

5 Likes

So I assume you would all be happy to have him be the starter for the next two seasons?

4 Likes

Well…:thinking:

You’re confusing “can we improve certain positions for the future?” with “we can’t win this specific guy starting for us.”

Those 2 things aren’t the same.

2 Likes

We won. With him at QB. With this D and special teams unit. With him not having to do much other than not turn the ball over. Those are the salient facts. The only ones at this specific point in time that matter.

5 Likes

He’s 10-4 as a starter, won the MAC Championship and was the offensive MVP. Barring Brett’s return isn’t he the obvious starter?

3 Likes

Please jut let me enjoy this win! And not have to pontificate about next year’s QB situation!

5 Likes

Exactly

4 Likes

You could also use “go practice self copulation”

Jalen Milroe is Alabama’s Aveon Smith.

Our offense has its issues, but at least we weren’t FSU or Louisville (80 and 69 yards respectively at halftime of a 3-0 game).

1 Like

Not even close. Milroe is so much better now than he was to start the year. I am so happy the Tide beat another visor. Stop wearing visors on the sideline!

I think AV has the football smarts. I watch him progress his reads. I think he has above average arm strength.

If there is maniacal work on accuracy, I think he could become the Mike Vick of the MAC. This should be Gus’ only off season priority. No reason AV can’t be as good as Finn next year. I’ll get accused of crazy talk….just being bold

4 Likes

After a triumphant win, here is what our QB did to the opposing QB.

I don’t know if there is a history between them, but this is how winning is done.

12 Likes

Nobody on this board has ever said anything bad about AV as a person. You won’t find a finer teammate. The players, coaches, fans love him because he is a great guy. Don’t confuse that with those of us saying that he is not an accurate thrower of the football. The two things can both exist.

3 Likes