Vs Colorado College

No thread yet?

We’re up 1-0 halfway through the second. SOG low for both teams.

I was just about to start one, lol!

Nice shorthanded goal by Red Savage for the lead. Too many penalties, as usual, but at least only minors so far?

1 Like

Welp, CC scored on the power play

Take that many penalties, you’re going to give up some goals. And some pretty sloppy play since then. We had a huge SOG lead that’s been completely reversed…

6:40 to go and we have a 5 min power play after a hit to the head that sent Red Savage to the locker room. Gotta make it happen here.

1 Like

Avenge Red! Win this game!

OT.

I hate free hockey. Nothing good ever seems to come to Miami in OT…

1 Like

Terrible power play, probably didn’t even get a shot. Heading to 3v3 OT now

1 Like

Shootout. Blech.

Shootout loss :frowning:
First conference point at least

1 Like

Here’s hoping Red is ok and not out for an extended time. The major power play looked pretty awful without him out there.

2 Likes

I think we’ve learned over the past year that Miami teams in all sports should avoid OT if humanly possible.

1 Like

Red Savage is back in the lineup tonight. :tada:

3 Likes

1-0 CC after the first on a ppg.

And CC adds another PPG in the second for a 2-0 lead after 2. Penalties killing us, as usual.

2-1 with 8 left in the third. Looking better in the third, but need another

3 Likes

So frustrating. You can see the potential, but it just never seems to entirely click. Dropping two at home to another NCHC bottom feeder, blech.

2 Likes

Team is much improved. Not as far as we all want, but undeniably better (so far) this year.

2 Likes

Do you base that on our 0-5-1 NCHC record, which includes 2 home games vs the teams we have been annually battling with for 7th or 8th place in an 8 teams league? We did get off to an encouraging start in the first 3 weeks but that momentum has been crushed by the NCHC.

I have tickets for 3 upcoming games and I was in Oxford till 5:00 tonight and could have gone to the game tonight with a buddy, but neither of us wanted to spend our night there so we just went home. The fun has gone out of Miami hockey for me, and I guess my buddy.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I think Berg is the right man for this because he’s seen the magic at Miami. I’m sure it’s taken longer than he hoped but murder’s row league is part of it. I tend to view reclamation projects as a collection of small wins that lead to bigger things. I personally see some small wins already this year. Let’s hope I’m right!
Ps, Dick, I truly admire your dedication to MU sports. Every program needs someone like you to be a fan.

6 Likes

Question for the hockey insiders among us: will we ever be able to effectively compete in the NCHC? Can Berg get us that far?