Vs Colorado College

“Double farts!”

1 Like

SPAULDiNG!!!

1 Like

We’re pretty much all recruiting from the same talent pool - USHL, BCHL and Europe. North Dakota probably has a distinct facilities, cultural and geographic advantage but I don’t believe anyone else does - possibly Duluth or Minnesota State from a cultural position. We have a better academic standing than anyone not named Colorado College. Our facilities are superb. I would say it is a challenge but possible.

3 Likes

Just got home from the game, first one I’ve seen in person since before COVID and first time my now-3-year-old twins have ever attended a hockey game. While obviously the outcome wasn’t great, the effort on the ice was. The whole team seemed to fight hard to the end, including some serious hustle to avoid giving up an ENG in the final minutes, and there was never a point during the game where I felt like we were out of it, even when we went down by 2. That’s a refreshing change from watching Miami football, where it always feels like we’re going to lose even when we’re ahead. It certainly seems like the program is moving in the right direction, even if we aren’t quite breaking through yet. Hopefully things will start clicking better as we get deeper into the season. Also, CC isn’t the pushover they used to be. They put up 5 goals in a shutout of UMD just last week.

I will admit to being disappointed in the student section, both the low attendance and the lack of cheers/chants/general rowdiness, but I was there at the peak of the good years, so I suppose it’s not fair to hold them to that standard after so many rough seasons. The rest of the crowd struck me as pretty low-energy, too. Didn’t most people use to stand and clap/sing along to the fight song at least? Maybe I’m misremembering since it’s been so long.

In any case, my kiddos seemed to have a good time, probably thanks in large part to the giant Miami cookies.

5 Likes

Well, last year we went 1-4-1 in our first three OOC series and 1-5 in our first NCHC series. So 4-1-1 and 0-4-1 is still an improvement IMO.

Stats wise as well, there is a noticeable improvement (26th in KRACH vs 38th last year).

Not remotely near where we want to be, but I think it’s fair to say we’ve been better. That does need to start converting to conference wins at some point though.

3 Likes

We need a couple more snipers. Develop from within, recruit,transfer,whatever. We’re getting more shots,need more quality shots.
The D is good. goaltending is very good. Stay out of the box.

2 Likes

I was very disappointed in this series.

4 Likes