Umass news

Umass is joining the league for all sports in 2025-2026?

1 Like

Great add by the league IMO. Will be interesting if we add a 14th team for FB or all sports…

3 Likes

=>UMASS to join the MAC for everything

https://x.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1762197354407510473?t=yxvg9ZZpnQF571-brQ70Xg&s=09

2 Likes

Great for basketball given the history of UMASS. Great for football as UMASS sucks! :grinning:

6 Likes

Totally blows up the nice pod scheduling for football now. Personally would have rather seen expansion to the south (WKU, MTSU), or picking up FCS teams in Midwest states.

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear what the A10 does now. UMass has been with them in basketball for forever

1 Like

When they were a football member a little while back, was that during their transition from FCS?

1 Like

I thought UMass was dead set against leaving the A10 cause MAC basketball sucks…

1 Like

Umass net ranking is 86 which is better than our best school Akron of 95

Should tell you how much football drives everything now that they’d agree to move basketball finally.

4 Likes

I would love to add WKU as a 14th member of the MAC.

10 Likes

Julius Erving and Marcus Camby…all time great MACtion players!

2 Likes

I’m a little perplexed on why the MAC is making this move right now. Do UMass and another program move the needle enough financially to justify adding two more programs that will take up some of the meager TV and CFP monies that we already share? Maybe, but I’m not exactly excited about adding a program that’s never done better than 4-8 in 10 FBS seasons when the likes of the Sun Belt/C-USA have added high-performing programs like App State/Liberty in recent memory.

If I had to speculate who the 14th program might be, my money would be on Delaware. WKU would be great but the C-USA isn’t actively falling apart so they’ll probably want to stay with a southern-based conference that includes their main rival MTSU.

4 Likes

https://x.com/kylerowland/status/1762199702789816574?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

5 Likes

GO GET UCONN FOR ALL SPORTS NOW.

8 Likes

That would be wonderful, but that really is not going to happen. They left the AAC because it was hurting their basketball. Their overall basketball programs, men and women, are as good as any college in the country. They are never bringing basketball to the MAC. Football only maybe, until they get a better offer.

Dick both Pete Thamel and Nicole Auerbach are reporting it is all sports. Now are their sources incorrect? Perhaps. I wouldn’t take UMASS just for football.

Here is the full story by Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic. Sure sounds like BB is coming to the MAC.

2 Likes

Would you all prefer WKU for all sports, or UConn for FB only? Personally, I would be thrilled with either

2 Likes

WKU for everything.

9 Likes