UMass game

Latest forecast I can find says 69 degrees with a couple of shower in the morning and a couple more in the afternoon, totaling 0.42 in. High winds are supposed to stop around Midnight on Friday.

Right now, in Harrison, driving rain, high winds and no power. I wouldn’t sit in this to watch a game.

Is there a prediction thread for this game

Tomorrow looks miserable. Predict attendance of about 3000. Not gonna go unless something changes quick. 4+ hours of driving and then sitting a driving rain…wife said if I want to go she’ll go and sit in the car and read.
Anybody out there want 2 tickets and parking pass? They’re dead nuts on the 50 about 23 rows up.Bring your own rain gear!

Make that 2200.

Let’s make this the prediction thread (because I and seemingly everyone else are too lazy to start one).

Miami - 33
UMass - 6

Bash x 2

1 Like

Please read the latest forecast which I posted above. Prediction for tomorrow afternoon is the high winds stop tonight and it will be 69 degree with a couple of showers totaling less than a quarter inch. All you will need to be comfortable is a poncho to put on if/when a shower hits. Should be more pleasant than sitting in 90 degree and sun the last two games.

1 Like

Miami 27
UMass 17

Rain and emotional letdown but Miami uses big plays to get pass Minuteman

Sounds about right. We need to establish a balanced effective offense and make first downs consistently. Chuck did talk about the squad was emotionally down early this week and pretty banged up from playing 3 very physical games, So the 27 to 17 sounds reasonable. This team was tied at halftime at Toledo.

Dick…hope you’re right. Take back my free tickets offer back. I should be tougher and no so damn weather wimpy. Sat thru the rainy USucks game couple years ago in Cincy. Tomorrow should be more of the same. Gonna be a game day decision. I will severely limit or delete all tailgating activities.No tents!

3 Likes

I think most people would agree that one Bash is plenty. Two would be horrendous.

Bash–that could well be and I’ve heard a few people say that but I was talkin’ about the score. :rofl:

1 Like

38-0 miami

1 Like

24 Miami x 0 UMass (PS. The weather is absolutely miserable right now in Oxford. )

The UMass charter flight has diverted to Chicago. Anticipated arrival in Cincinnati at 8pm.

1 Like

I’m picking us 17-10

College Football 25 Prediction:

UMass 21
Miami 27

First off, Miami wore red to honor Western College, because red is the only home jersey in the game. There is no “light rain” or “showers” options. It’s just “rain.” I went with “rain” and the rain made a mess out of this game. Miami opened the scoring with a 33-yard run by Jordan Brunson and added a field goal to go up 10-0. UMass couldn’t do anything until Miami botched a punt near its own goal line, allowing UMass to set up in the red zone right before the half. The Minutemen scored with 19 seconds before intermission to make it 10-7.

UMass then hit a 78-yard bomb on the first play of the second half to take the 14-0 lead. Neither QB played well. Brett Gabbert threw 3 interceptions. His lone TD came on the following drive when his pop pass to Cade McDonald resulted in a 48-yard score to reclaim the lead. UMass answered back in the 4th, when Taisun Phonmachanh ran it in on 3rd and 12 to make it 21-17, UMass. Fortunately, Brett hit a big pass to Javon Tracy and Dylan Downing (106 yards) ate up most of the rest of the yardage before Brunson crashed in on 4th & goal from the 2 to reclaim the lead for good. Raion Strader’s interception set up a field goal to force the Minutemen to have to score a TD in the final minute. UMass made it to midfield but Brian Ugwu recorded a sack on 3rd down and batted down a pass on 4th down to ice it. Aside from one bad play to start the second half, Miami’s D controlled the game (Phommachanh had 3 interceptions and a lost fumble).

I think we win by 21 points.

Miami pours it on and rains on the Mass parade. 28-12.

1 Like

Miami- 38 UMass- 14