Transfer Portal - Who Left and Who is Coming to Miami

BUT A PORTAL TRANSFER WILL NEVER LEARN THIS COMPLICATED OFFENSE!!!

4 Likes

Oh, itā€™s saved. :laughing:

1 Like

Pass

The offense is not complicated. Play calls are. Gabbert learned them so it can be done. However, according to several of the offensive players, Receivers, RBs, QBs, the play calls are difficult to master. Hey, go into the ā€˜24 season with a QB that is often injured and count on untested inexperienced back ups. Yeah, what could go wrong? I call it insurance. I think Henry can do it by the way. I was just saying grab a portal guy with experience if we can. Iā€™m trying to wrap my head around why thatā€™s such a radical thought??

1 Like

Helmet communications are legal now and shitty nomads like Ben Bryant and Kedon Slovis havenā€™t seemed to need years to learn new systems. They do it every year.

Gotkowski is the backup IMO and should be groomed to be the successor. The other two are practice players.

3 Likes

Weasel move

1 Like

I donā€™t know that anyone is necessarily against the idea of bringing in an experienced back up. I just donā€™t think there are many of those out there right now. Maybe Iā€™m wrong. You said you found 12, but now you wonā€™t name any of them.

2 Likes

The idea that the offense calls are so complex that it take a Nobel laureate to learn them ā€¦ā€¦ and we average just above 3 touchdowns a game screams of a necessary enemaā€¦.

These are calls. Not formations, schema and game plans. Overly complicated calls donā€™t fool the defense, they fools the men in red and white

Iā€™m tired of listening to this nonsense

4 Likes

Anyone hear anything on Jacquez Warren? Iā€™ve checked a few obvious places and nothing. I really like him and was happy when he made it through the first batch to leave without jumping in.

1 Like

Not a word from any source.

2 Likes

Given how thin we are on experience re DBā€™s it would be great to have Warren back- hey Sally , Wise , Brett , Jack give and other senior guys on the team give him a call

2 Likes

Agree completelyā€¦itā€™s always a sound strategy to have backups with experience. If thereā€™s a guy in the portal who can do the job, Miami FB would be making a mistake to take a passā€¦especially with a great season likely on the horizon and many players who could have moved on/ graduated deciding to return for what may well be a memorable season.

On3.com if you want to research. I know 5-10 FCS kids that are in the portal that 247 nor on3 even track. Starters with 20+ games under their belt. Naming kids just gives the Debbie downers on this board fuel to argue. I just thought it would be a good idea to grab an experienced kid with talent for insurance. I like Henry, Kopp may be better than I think, new kid, who knows? Hopefully Brett stays healthy.

1 Like

Utah just picked up former 5 star QB Sam Huard out of the portal from Cal Poly. Huard was at Washington but left during the Jimmy Lake mess. The last name should be familiar. Heā€™s Damonā€™s kid and Brockā€™s nephew. Will back up Cam Rising, who is coming off a season long injury.

2 Likes

They are coming off the board quickly. I would be looking at Taā€™Quan Roberson if I needed a QB.

2 Likes

Kentā€™s top DL transfers to IU.

24/7 doesnā€™t seem to be updating the portal regularly now. On3 is.

2 Likes

I would take a flyer on Roberson. Although heā€™s listed as a Senior, so Iā€™m not sure how eager he would be to take a back up spot for his last season.

As far as FCS QBā€™s, Iā€™m not as interested. If they have starting experience and havenā€™t found an FBS home at this point, are they much better than Kopp or Hesson who have been in the program? I would probably rather just allocate the scholarship elsewhere and roll with what we have.

1 Like

See what I mean about naming names. :joy::joy:Right on que. So, in your world, a FCS QB could never play FBS. So every coach in the country recruits with 100% accuracy. Also, FCS players have no ability to improve. Interesting take. We can just agree to disagree, as usual.

1 Like

Show me where I said an FCS QB could never play at the FBS level? Show me where I said FCS players canā€™t improve? I mean youā€™re just making shit up at this point, but thatā€™s kinda your M.O.

I said, if there is an FCS QB in the portal right now, with game experience, and still doesnā€™t have a home, are they really that much better than what we already have? I would say no, and looking at the portal, I would say that player isnā€™t out there. But I know you ā€œknowā€ a bunch of others that arenā€™t being tracked. Which is convenient, considering how extensive the websites are.

3 Likes

Good thing we donā€™t need a quarterback

3 Likes