Toledo Game Week 2023

The bowl interest link was in an Alumni Association Facebook post earlier today, too.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This is a step in the right direction. Hopefully more to come

https://x.com/martin_miami_hc/status/1714013821243936960?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

1 Like

I have noticed a lot of empty stadiums at games Iā€™ve attended in the last 2 years. Specifically, group of 5 teams, FCS games and less talented P5 teams. I believe there are less students attending games. I have no idea why. However, I have definitely noticed a difference.

TV and Cable cabal availability. I can usually catch THE OSU (my professional degree), Colo Stateā€¦ and Bama and FL (my wifeā€™s 2 favs ā€¦ plus poor wi-fi and other ā€œinconveniencesā€ at stadiums (restroom stench, food lines, parking and weather-related issuesā€”rain and/ or high tempsā€”beginning to be replaced by cold weather) coalesce to keep fannies in their seats at home.
My vodka at home is preferential to a luke-warm $8 beer at a college FB game.
Wish it were otherwiseā€¦nah, I like the convenience of drinking, great food, no driving, nice seat, big screen, replays, can do a complete pit stop during an otherwise annoying 3-minute 6 commercial dump, Donā€™t even need the volume on.
Plus, we both are senior citizens, have several health issues and live 600 miles away from Dayton or Cincy airports.We also do not care to overnight in a price-bumped hotelā€¦

2 Likes

Updates on attendance figures or advanced ticket sales for Saturday?

Game Notes are up:

Charles Arbuckle on color commentaryā€¦didnā€™t realize he was rehired by ESPN. I remember him being one that was let go back in 2017.

Toledo currently favored by 1 1/2 to 2.

1 Like

Still pre-complaining!

1 Like

Iā€™m blocked by Chuck, but I can see his tweet here.

BJ picked the Rockets

5 Likes

Andā€¦ CBSSN is already giving this ESPNU game more coverage than ESPN.

7 Likes

TV,Cable,Internet.
Also Uptown Oxford is a huge distraction.

3 Likes

I was uptown day drinking with my daughter a few weeks ago. We were playing away and weā€™re on ESPN plus. Not a single bar uptown was showing the game. Not one. Trust me I went to most if not allā€¦
Watching on my phone. Even CJs did not have the juice to subscribe for the game. That is the football bar these days. No wonder the kids are indifferent. Maybe this weekend will be different. Players deserve some noise from the home fans!

4 Likes

Canā€™t watch it. Canā€™t read about it. Canā€™t listen unless you have the deluxe hamster wheel receiver. Credit to the students who actually DO show up!

1 Like

Where are those thousands of successful alumni with Miami degrees who live in Hamilton County, Warren County and Montgomery County - about an hour from Yager.

People pack Martin Stadium in Pullman and the closest city is medium sized Spokane - 70 miles away. Itā€™s easily more than two hours from the Portland burbs to Autzen Stadium. Itā€™s 45 minutes to an hour from many of Seattleā€™s suburbs to Husky Stadium. Tickets to those games are expensive.

People where I live have season tickets to Tar Heels and Wolf Pack games - two and a half hours away.

Iā€™ll never understand the apathy of the Miami fan base.

Come on, man!

4 Likes

CFN now predicts Miami ends up 10-2 in the regular season. Game by game predictions not posted yesterday but guess the L is to Ohio

CFN has MAC predictions. Predicts a LOSS to Toledo and a win at OHIO.

3 Likes