Toledo Game Week 2023

Miami opens up as 2.5 point home dog to the Rockets. This is one of the biggest home games that I can recall in recent memory. The athletic department needs to pull out all of the stops to ensure a good student turnout for this one. This team deserves a home field advantage.

I’m glad we’re not favored, because I think Chuck will be in their ears about it all week.

1 Like

CBS Sports has us as +1 tonight. Still a dog but closer to being a push.

1 Like

Can anyone point me to where I can buy a parking pass without buying a ticket? I’m good to go on the ticket front already. Just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out.

2 Likes

I checked Stubhub. Not available there.

Call the ticket office Monday morning

1 Like

About time my two alma maters play a football game against each other; it feels like it has been 100 years. JohnnyMac will be in the house.

6 Likes

I hope ticket sales pick up this week, but it’s not looking great right now. The home side is at least 75% available. Should be a big student turnout though.

From Toledo’s post game notes on Saturday:

“* Toledo’s offensive line did not allow a sack for the fourth straight game. The Rockets have allowed just two sacks in seven games this season, the fewest in the nation.”

Well that’s gotta change this coming Saturday.

1 Like

That’s sad commentary on Miami’s fan base commitment. Very sad.

I hope you’re right. As a student I’m already pushing the game to classmates as much as I can, but the apathy most of the student body has toward our team is so hard to break even for a game with huge implications. I’m going to keep trying to rally the troops all week though! I think we got the UC basketball turnout that we did because the marketing department ran it down our throats for weeks prior and I’m just not seeing it from them yet.

6 Likes

I’ll wait to see what it looks like on Saturday before making any judgements. It’s only Monday and I generally feel like a lot of Miami fans buy tickets at the gate. But I do hope they start making a push on campus. Get CM and the players out on campus if they have to.

2 Likes

I know Miami fans…have watched them avoid raindrops for 60 years. Give them a free red rain poncho with every ticket purchase to cover up all the blue and brown jackets I saw in the stands at Family Day.

1 Like

Pre-complaining about attendance…incredible!

4 Likes

It is Home Coming I thought? Usually a good crowd No reason not to have a great turnout by students and local alumni.

For quite a few years, Family Weekend (Parents weekend) has had a much larger turnout than Homecoming.

5 Likes

For most Family Day games the season wasn’t in the tank yet. By Homecoming we’ve probably been so-so and headed towards another 5-6 win season.

This time it’s a really meaningful game late in the season. Would hope we get some butts in the seats. The Athletic Dept and Alumni Association need to pound everyone’s mailbox. Saw a Flash Sale for $20. tickets ending this afternoon (I think?). Need to have a “sale extended” sale. Blast the damn thing out every day to everyone on every mailing list they’ve got. Time to get obnoxious about our emailing practices!!!

This is the most important game we’ve played in years. We get by them we’re one big game closer to a one loss season. That’s huge. Tell the world we need your help!

3 Likes

Plus we’re on ESPNU so the casual fan and potential recruits will see our level of fan support. Show up dressed in Red!

No Blue or Gold jackets, please!

1 Like

Toledo and Ball State we’re tied at 3 in the fourth quarter Saturday.

1 Like

Imo homecoming is diluted a bit because of Alumni Weekend, which is always vibrant since it’s easier than dealing with hotel mayhem during the fall. Good to keep Oxford business running over the summer, bad for football attendance.

I did get an email from the athletic department earlier today pushing tickets and the bowl interest form (that I completed). I did like this part:

“But what bowl game will we be bound for? Will we be chowing down on Texas BBQ for our bowl game feast? Maybe Jambalaya? Or potatoes? Just heaps and heaps of potatoes! Wherever we’re headed, we want you there cheering the RedHawks on to victory!”

3 Likes