Toledo at BUGS

Two touchdown drives before the first commercial break.

1 Like

Nice crowd. Good midweek showing on national tv for the MAC.

1 Like

As far as accuracy goes, Dequan Finn makes Kenny Pickett look like Tom Brady.

If we are going to beat Toledo in the MACC, we are going to need to pressure Finn, or just stop the run and make Finn beat us.

1 Like

Great to hear Orel Hershiser is spearheading an effort to build BUGS a new baseball complex, to replace that cow pasture surrounded by pine trees they currently play in.

2 Likes

Actually it’s nice to hear about progress at all the MAC campuses. The one struggling seems to be Akron.I watched Inside College Football before tonight’s Eastern game on CBSSN. Randy Cross made a comment about Akron based on his doing color at some of their games. He called Akron “probably the toughest program in the country to turn around.”

Wouldn’t that be Miami hockey?

Oh, wait you’re talking football, I guess.

3 Likes

MACtion certainly giving the nation a football treat tonight at BG.

2 Likes

BUGS making Toledo look bad. Their offense looks great. How did we shut them out?

1 Like

Would we beat BG again if we played them now?

Depends on whether the Falcons playing tonight and the ones that beat GT show up or the ones who played Ohio and played us show up. They’re schizo.

2 Likes

What do they call that group of four that always shows up at every Toledo game - home or away -wearing all blue and gold with face paint and gold wigs?

Rocket girls

1 Like

One of the funniest images I’ve seen in my life was a BGSU billboard ad in Chicago saying “come and see one of Ohio’s prettiest campuses.” It’s such a milquetoast claim to begin with even before you consider that BG is probably one of the blandest college towns in the Midwest. Doesn’t have to do with the game, but always makes me chuckle.

1 Like

Blue Crew. They have been around about 30 years.

1 Like

They must be an endowed department. Lol They’re everywhere!

Comical. And to think people actually approved that. I wonder what the runner up concepts were. “We now have trees!” Or “There’s an owl at the heart of our name so our crack marketing team picked a falcon to be our mascot.”

Maybe too long for a billboard, but true.

Toledo sure uses their TE Torres effectively.

BG seems like a smaller version of Illinois to me - a flat prairie campus with a wide assortment of building styles.

1 Like

What a game! MACtion, baby!

Crushing play for BG as UT gets 4th down dump off pass to convert a 65 yard TD after doing almost nothing the last two possessions.