Toledo at BUGS

Great game atmosphere w all those Toledo fans there en masse.

1 Like

This game looks to be about overā€¦big sack by UTā€¦

And thatā€™s the gameā€¦brutal loss for BGā€¦feel bad for them.

Feel good for the MAC, still having a team under consideration for a NY6 bowl. BG played well but championship teams always make that single play that gets the win.

Win tomorrow and we get another shot at the Rockets on Dec. 2. Hopefully weā€™re 10-2 and theyā€™re 11-1.

Itā€™s looking to me like the MAC might not get all six teams to bowl eligibility. Central needs to beat either Ohio in Athens or Toledo at home. Eastern did not look good tonight and they have to go to Buffalo for a winter game next week. NIU should beat Kent.

If NIU is the only one that makes it to six then the MAC only has five.I donā€™t remember the last time that happened.

2 Likes

How many MAC bowl slots are guaranteed (assuming we have bowl eligible teams to fill them)?

Six

Not counting the COVID year, 2017 was the last season the MAC didnā€™t have at least 6 bowl teams. In 2021, there were 8!

1 Like

If you visit BG,dress warm.Thereā€™s no wind break to the west until Colorado!

1 Like

I was thinking about the 6 wins stuff last night while watching the games. You canā€™t have really good records without someone having a really bad record. So weā€™ve either got a lot of close to 500 teams or we have some really good records and potentially better postseason results. Iā€™m kind of leaning towards the latter these days. But I could be either way.

3 Likes

Unlike the P5 conferences, most G5 OOC schedules are stacked with P5 buy games and G5 equals. Itā€™s fairly essential that G5 teams beat their FCS opponent and it provides bowl eligibility insurance if they can win one of their other games against OOC opponents. That way they can go 4-4 in the conference and still get to 6 wins.

Michigan, as a P5 team, had three G5 teams as OOC opponents. They could have gone 3-6 against their B1G peers and still have been bowl eligible.

Itā€™s easier most seasons for a P5 to become bowl eligible than for a G5 from the MAC or CUSA.

2 Likes

I think every conference is struggling to fill their bowl slots. Not exclusive to the MAC.

1 Like

Some like C-USA is, but SunBelt has plenty of teams eligible. Not sure about Mountain West.

1 Like

As could be assumed, P5 conferences are heavy on eligible teams and G5 conferences are light. American, the self-proclaimed strongest G5 is struggling. The Fun Belt is killing it.

Fun fact: Iowa is currently the only bowl eligible team in the B1G West.

Just want to say I think BG has had a pretty good year and Iā€™m also impressed with Akronā€™s improvement. They lost 5 very close games (also won a few) and could easily be 7-5. I still think the MAC needs a better concept than pirating but the actual conference is not as bad as many think.

1 Like

The MAC has four wins against P5 teams this season - over BC, Cincinnati, Iowa State and Georgia Tech. Only the Mountain West has that many.

2 Likes

And Akron shoulda beat IU. And of course UT should have beaten Illinois.

Ps, those are two Big 10 teams Iā€™d love to get a chance at.

1 Like