Time to fire Koehler and Martin

Sorry Ballcoach1, its time. 9 years of shit.

Our problem with them…Is the low ceiling. It appears to be 8-4.

1 Like

With a QB that’s in “On the Job Training” and a kicker,too?Lose by 2 yards?

1 Like

His coaching decision to throw on 3rd down then try the field goal after the fumble in the 4th cost them the game. Theres a reason he’s been at Miami for 9 years, if he was a decent coach he’d be at a power 5 school by now.

4 Likes

He’s certainly proven he is what he is. No evidence anything will change. None. And that’s just fine in Oxford.

2 Likes

Eddie…good for a chuckle. I don’t know. Think the contractor that built this one specializes ceilings that are 7"6" high. Every now and he builds on that’s 8’4" and that’s a real stretch for him.

2 Likes

What kicker is in “on the job training”? Nicholson was great all year.

5 Likes

I agree we ended up losing the game due to the terrible offensive series after the 4th quarter TO. We had it on the 30 and didn’t advance it one yard, resulting in a long FG attempt that was wide right. Had to have points there and game would have come down to a medium length FG for the win. Also agree w prolly should have run it on 3rs and long on that series as Aveon’s inaccuracy makes it diff jut to convert those first downs unless it’s a lucky Hail Mary…kinda like the St. Pete bowl we really needed a few yards to make the FG manageable.

3 Likes

If we’re pointing fingers, we lost because our good kicker picked a bad time to have a bad game.

7 Likes

I dont agree that it is time to fire Koehler and Martin. I would like a new play caller on offense- although I didnt hate today’s call

Football is frustrating- we seem to be in 6-6 mode for 7 years- but I want to make it work with this staff

5 Likes

If we’re pointing fingers, we lost because every game comes down the difference of a FG or XP. We have struggled to find consistency in the offense and have far too many 3rd and longs.

4 Likes

Think about that statement though. 6-6 mode for 7 years. Even Navy fired their beloved coach and he’s had more ups than Chuck.

5 Likes

Yep. Run it 3 or 4 times. Make the call on 4th then depending on the distance. Game management. Not our strong point.

1 Like

Hate to “talk out both sides of my mouth” since I have been critical of Koehler’s emphasis on interior runs…but after the 4th Q TO, he tried to go wider but in this case he needed Shelton or Aveon to do some “north-south” running to make sure we get 5-7 yards to make a FG manageable…yes, a TD would have been nice but we desperately needed 3 points right there.

3 Likes

It’s a fucking extra point. Make it. Then we go to overtime and who the hell knows what happens.

But emotions are raw now. I understand that. The offense was dead for way too many prolonged stretches this year. We’re never going to be FlushFast but it needs to be way better than what it was. Chuck might not be the solution but, to me, he isn’t the problem either. And as I said in the portal thread, I trust him to navigate the portal and keep us as conference contenders. That’s obviously not good enough for many but the reality is that this conference is a 7-8 win tops league unless everything breaks your way (and we didn’t get a ton this year).

5 Likes

Let’s see what they do next year. Play calling is very difficult with a QB that is a below average passer. You may be right. However, I see the QB drop back, often, and immediately run or look confused. Was it a bad play call or was the play not executed correctly? Only they know.

Yeah I noticed a lot of that in the game today as well…wasn’t sure if Aveon was panicking a bit after seeing primary receiver covered or what…but he tucked it very quickly quite often. It did look to me that UAB was doing a pretty good job of pass D coverage.

2 Likes

How many YEARS of proof does one need to make necessary changes?

The real problem is money and Miami’s challenge to eek out an existence with average salaries and, speaking of average, it’s very naive to think that every hire will take one to the promised land…and then when they do (cf. Megan Duffy), they’re gone in a heartbeat. I cannot recall a winning Miami coach who left for less money…so that’s the carrot they all reach for. It’s a generally correct assumption that those who stay do so because they cannot get over the hump.

I’m just bummed over today’s game…so excuse the vent…I’ll be better after cocktail hour…which starts in 60 seconds.

6 Likes

I am heading to a Xmas party in 45 minutes…after we lost, I went outside for “alone time”, and blew some leaves off the driveway and talked to myself a little. Still in my normal crappy mood after a tough Miami loss but hopefully will recover soon after a cocktail!

4 Likes

“Let’s See What They Do Next Year”
Miami Football and the Martin Years

ON SALE NOW!

6 Likes