Time to fire Koehler and Martin

In all fairness, “next year” came and went about 4-5 years ago…today, the program subsists on fumes from the past. 6-6 is not a fix.

9 Likes

Once you accept mediocre, they will sell it to you every time.

6 Likes

Not good enough to get a big time job. Not bad enough to get let go.

4 Likes

Pretty sure you left off the body of that message. I don’t think you get rid of guys that powered through a tough season. I guess that’s just me.

1 Like

I haven’t heard one person that’s said they are good with a .500 team. Including CM.

1 Like

Now you’re back to being you again. You must have had a Snickers bar.

3 Likes

I think you’re wrong. We finished strong, as I thought we would. We will at least 8 games next year. IF, we don’t lose anymore key players to portal. IF, we have a backup QB that can run our entire offense.

2 Likes

I’ve never been any different. You guys changed when we won and got in a bowl. We lost and now you guys are back. My message has never changed. I’m not Betty White, that’s you. :joy:

2 Likes

Proud of the tenacity at times today and throughout this season, but at some point (and we are generously well past that point) results matter. Like I have said many times on this board, to many people I feel here are complacent with mediocrity (and that’s a stretch for this season). Year after year, for many of Miami sports it’s “next year.” That mentality has to stop.

3 Likes

If you want to see an offense tune in to the UIW game against NDSU in the Fargo done on ESPN. They’ve got the Bison down 16-3, early in the 2nd with their Air Raid influenced offense… led by head coach GJ Kinne who is headed to Texas State whenever UIW loses. Better yet, tune in tomorrow for another look at Montana State’s two headed monster offense.

3 Likes

Somebody must be OK with it if we are still accepting it after this many years. I am not one of those bodies.

1 Like

I guess I’m just hard headed.

Wait. You urged us to wait until the season was over to evaluate. The season is over. We went 6-7 and didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. We finished in fourth place in the MAC East, a division we were supposed to win. We lost our bowl game to a 6-6 CUSA team missing its stud running back. Our offense hasn’t had a pulse all season. Now you’re saying “let’s see what happens next year.” You sound to me like a coach who doesn’t like to see coaches fired, even if they continue to turn in mediocre results.

5 Likes

I said if we don’t win 8 games or more next season then we can talk. I have said that the entire time I’ve been on this page. We did finish better than most of you thought. Still not good, I agree. I want to see what these guys do next year. You think going scorched earth and firing everyone is the right thing? I sure don’t.

Ready to talk when you are

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s an insurmountable objective to win consistently in the MAC and be mediocre in OOC. Fact is that there are staffs at the DII and D III levels that would walk circles around Martin and his staff that are paid exponentially less

2 Likes

Like I said. Coaches don’t think coaches should be fired. “Give ‘em another year and see what happens.” Doesn’t matter that 8-4 has been the single high water mark of a nine year run and the most recent edition, by all pre-season projections was a failure. Come on, man!

3 Likes

I’m fine with keeping Martin honestly but the offense needs to be fixed. We had the best defense by points against in the MAC. If the offense had just been average we’d have been in a great spot.

5 Likes

@BTB30 Interesting catch! That was coming off the Bowling Green loss. We went 3-3 after that - the very definition of .500 mediocrity…

Not all records are created equally.

6-6 (6-7 close bowl loss) without your QB1 for 10 weeks and losing what we did on D is much different than 6-6 with Brett and others.

One could argue we actually underachieved more last year than we did this year with all the talent. We just so happened to win our bowl game.

The non-con schedule broke our way this year, and it should next year as well. So, let’s see what the roster looks like and reset expectations.

As I’ve said in other threads, I think 5-7 or worse and Chuck will get his walking papers. 8 wins would obviously be great and he’ll get an extension. 7-5 he probably stays around, but 6-6 would be very tough for me to like an extension.

2 Likes